Hi. Hope this wasn't asked before, I looked but couldn't see the same issue posted I have.

My ex and I are seperating. We exchanged some BBM's last night but this morning before I could copy and paste them to email myself she deleted me off her contact list. I have my setting to save messages to "Device".

She did this last month when she was mad (I had a BB Curve then) and I was able to restore her contact info that restored our BBM thread.

I need to get a copy of our chat last night but can not see where to do this on my new BB Bold. My service provider is Rogers (i'm in Canada) and I just initialized some sort of "back up" with them. But as its new and I'm new to BB's in general I can't find it.

Can anyone help me restore her as a contact so I can get this meesage thread, or find where these messages are stored on my device?

Thank you so much!
    07-02-11 10:56 AM
    Um, anybody? Since I was somehow able to flub my way through on my old Curve and do this I thought this would be an easy question... no?
    07-04-11 11:20 AM
    Don't you already have this same thread somewhere in this board? Next time, bump it instead or reposting.
    07-04-11 12:49 PM
    Sorry buddy you're out of luck. BBM messages aren't backed up, just the contacts. If she deleted you the only way for you get her back on your contact list is for her to add you. Even if that was the case, the messages still wouldn't be there.
    07-05-11 11:02 AM
    Sorry buddy you're out of luck. BBM messages aren't backed up, just the contacts. If she deleted you the only way for you get her back on your contact list is for her to add you. Even if that was the case, the messages still wouldn't be there.
    That's not necessarily true. You can set the conversations to be backed up.

Follow this order:

Home Screen > Applications > Files > File Folders > Device > BlackBerry > im > BlackBerry Messenger > Your BBPin > history

Then in the 'history' folder you need to find the .csv file that has her BBPin as the filename. This will be the information

Hope this helps.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    07-05-11 11:33 AM
    I have my setting to save messages to "Device".
    follow the above instructions and you should get it!
    07-05-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD