i installed new bbm5 and deleted previous ver. when installed newer it was working but after deleted older the bbm icon disapper and i cant use bbm. pls help how to reinstall.
    10-29-09 11:58 PM
    when u install a newer BBM shouldnt it overwrite your existing BBM? You shouldnt have to delete your old BBM.
    10-30-09 12:06 AM
    should be able to reinstall from dm
    10-30-09 12:27 AM
    Or you can reinstall from appworld and restore contacts from your backup..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 12:41 AM
    i installed new bbm5 and deleted previous ver. when installed newer it was working but after deleted older the bbm icon disapper and i cant use bbm. pls help how to reinstall.
    Have you checked in your IM folder on your phone?

1) back up your phone via DM

2) from the main menu - you have to go to options/settings > advaced options > applications, you should see "blackberry messenger" maybe two entries. delete it, or both of them. with the phone on pull the battery for 30 secs, then put it back it. after the phone reboots go to browser and go to blackberry.com/messenger and redownload it. after you re install it reboot the phone (but it will ask you if you want to just click reboot).
    make sure the BBM is there, if it is then

3) then go to your DM and restore your phone
    10-30-09 09:08 AM
    i did it and it worked thank you
    Have you checked in your IM folder on your phone?

1) back up your phone via DM

2) from the main menu - you have to go to options/settings > advaced options > applications, you should see "blackberry messenger" maybe two entries. delete it, or both of them. with the phone on pull the battery for 30 secs, then put it back it. after the phone reboots go to browser and go to blackberry.com/messenger and redownload it. after you re install it reboot the phone (but it will ask you if you want to just click reboot).
    make sure the BBM is there, if it is then

3) then go to your DM and restore your phone
    11-06-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD