Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oldsteel68; 06-06-13 at 10:23 AM.
    07-13-10 07:56 AM
    no. have to delete the entire conversation. But then again no reason to delete only part of a conversation.
    07-13-10 08:15 AM
    Last edited by oldsteel68; 06-06-13 at 10:23 AM.
    07-13-10 08:17 AM
    Even if you could, do you really think the other person would be willing to alter their conversation? If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it.
    07-13-10 08:26 AM
  5. T
    Sorry. Don't know the answer. I hope you find it. But I AM fascinated. What's the reason? Disclose, please!

07-13-10 08:59 AM
    There is only one way (at the moment).

First, you have to be saving your chat history. You can do this to main memory or SD card. It also has to be turned on ahead of time.

Next, you can close out the conversation and it will be saved to the history file. The history file is just a CSV file, so you can then open it in a text editor and remove the line from the file. The rest of the conversation will still remain in history.
    07-13-10 09:05 AM
    Last edited by oldsteel68; 06-06-13 at 10:24 AM.
    07-14-10 04:18 PM
  8. T
    OK lets say for argument sake that...

You talk to someone on a regular basis on BBM, and your spouse/bf/gf knows you talk to that person on a regular basis.. AND your spouse/bf/gf tells you not to clear any history of your chat with that person, and remembers the last messages...... Now there MAY be things, or only certain lines within that chat that should not be seen, BUT you can not delete the whole chat because the parts your spouse/bf/gf seen already, and knows should be there, will be gone....

Now that is strictly just for argument sake..
    I totally understand. I had a similar situation, except it was on the computer. I had someone who was insisting that I forward aim chats I had with someone else to her. I deleted various parts, but too bad the conversations had time stamps on them. She was clever and went through all the conversations with a fine-toothed comb, taking note of unexplained gaps in the times! I was busted and had to turn over the missing parts ... after sheepishly trying to explain why I had deleted them. I also had to swear I would never delete parts again, lol.
    07-14-10 05:52 PM
    Last edited by oldsteel68; 06-06-13 at 10:25 AM.
    07-14-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD