When you delete a bbm contact on your phone, what do they see on their phone? Is your contact gone? Is the conversation gone?

I'd read somewhere in this forum (but for the life of me can not find it now) that the only way to recall a sent bbm that was not yet read on the other persons phone was to delete their contact on your phone. This in turn would delete you off of the other person's phone, taking the conversation (and unread bbm) with it. True?

I tried that, then later re-pinned 5 minutes later (and she showed back up as a contact without a "you've been accepted" note, with a new im stating I'd sent the previous im's, noted they'd not been read, and decided I'd rather meet up to discuss. Nothing to hide, I offered to show the history I copied of the bbm's when we were face to face, but wanted to make sure all was understood and regretted not what was said, but that it was over bbm (long distance thing, not easy to get together).

I tried this, just not sure it worked. Had one of those bbm's that I wish I could of had back, as a bbm was probably not the best way to handle the situation, and wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding. Should have been a face to face.
    09-20-09 07:20 PM
    Ah yes, the regretful post. Had a few of those in my day.

Not much you can do about it though, except attempt to make peace. Even face to face it sometimes goes that way, say the wrong thing and the other person thinks you are a monster.

But in my case that's usually true... Never mind.

Anyhow, if there's anything you can do to remedy the situation then go for it. Otherwise, good luck.
    09-20-09 07:58 PM
    Add me to bbm, tell me who you are and we will give it a shot and see what happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:04 PM
    if you delete someone, you get removed from their list too and they wont get notification until they notice you missing.

if you were in mid conversation, read or unread, you will be deleted off their list, but the conversation will remain. it will no loger show your screen name, but just your PIN. if you or they attempt to reply, a message will pop up sayin you need to re-add them as a contact in order for the convo to continue.
    09-20-09 08:37 PM
    Dumping someone via BBM = BAD. .

09-20-09 10:45 PM
    so when i delete a bbm contact, they dont get to keep my pin anymore? what if they have it backed up on their phones? if they restore it, will they be able to see my pin again?

08-17-10 11:19 PM
    so when i delete a bbm contact, they dont get to keep my pin anymore? what if they have it backed up on their phones? if they restore it, will they be able to see my pin again?

bringing a thread from the dead!!

if you delete a BBM contact that had your PIN linked to their contact entry for you in their phone, it will delete your BBM info off their list and out of their contacts entry. they will no longer have your PIN in order to re-add you. if they restore an old BBM contact list, it may restore you as a contact on their side, but if they try to BBM you it will give them a pop up saying they are no longer your contact and will propmt them to request to re-invite you.
    08-18-10 01:33 AM
    If I sent a message ( a bad message) on accident and then delete the bbm contact before he reads the message, can that person I accidently sent the message to still read it although they've been deleted?

03-10-11 03:10 AM
    If I deleted someone from my contact list...can he see my profile picture or updates ?
    11-29-13 05:11 AM
    Will they still see your msgs and download documents you've last sent them?
    03-13-14 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD