Is there a way to get rid of it completely or at least shut it down and prevent it from running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 10:45 AM
    Nope, best you can do is hide the icon.

It's part of the OS.
    04-14-11 10:46 AM
    BBM is to the BlackBerry OS what Internet Explorer is to Windows. When I got my first Curve I had connectivity issues (I can't remember the exact problem, but I think I couldn't launch App World, or something), and some helpful folks here at CrackBerry told me to update BBM, which fixed the problem. So it affects a lot of things not directly involved with instant messaging.

04-14-11 11:00 AM
    BBM is nothing more than BlackBerry's native IM program. Nothing says you have to keep it. I completely removed it from my device and have had no ill effects. I removed it through Desktop Manager.
    04-14-11 11:13 AM
    Do you use BlackBerry's App World through your phone? I'm pretty sure that was my problem. Whatever it was, I had to manually update BBM to fix it.

04-14-11 11:46 AM
    I would hope BBM is not that vital, lol. Sounds to Microsoftish. If your I'm prevents you from updating I think even that would make Bill blush.

04-14-11 12:09 PM
    This thread mentions the 9700, but you can use the same tips to delete BBM on the 93xx.
    04-14-11 12:29 PM
    You can uninstall it through BB Desktop.
    04-15-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD