Hi guys,
    my OS Version is 656 and I want to delete my BBM because i dont use it (i dont know anybody with a blackberry). I cannot remove it via Applications (its a core app) and cannot remove it via Desktop Manager(Its greyed out, i cannot uncheck the checkbox)

How to get rid of it? Its always on in the background, i dont want it to
    05-30-10 04:45 AM
    1) get new friends
    2) failing option 1 you reload the OS and can choose which apps to put on it.
    05-30-10 05:20 AM
    Your looking under the wrong tab, if you go to option > applications > add on > bbm > delete

Try that. I personally don't use mines either but that may change later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 05:59 AM
    In the later versions of OS 5, RIM have decided that you cannot delet or remove BBM from your phone. It is now considered as a fixed part of the OS.

Here is how you get rid of it.

This works best at OS install time and you need to remove the file net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700EastAsia_v5.0.0.680_P5.1.0.160. If you remove this one file before you install the OS on the phone then BBM will not be installed.

Another way that should work but I have not tried is to use http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ to remove the same file from an already installed OS on your phone.
    05-30-10 07:48 AM
    Dude. There a whole section in the forums just to find people to chat to on BBM.

05-30-10 02:05 PM
    Omg I would die without BBM! You need new friends, I agree with brail lol
    05-30-10 02:09 PM
    Haha, i live in Germany, there are not many blackberrys amoung the non-business-people. Im trying my GF to get a BB, so that I could use the BBM...

Anyway thanks for your answers!

06-02-10 10:54 AM
    "How do I delete BBM"
    "Get new friends"

Worst advice ever.
    06-02-10 11:02 AM
    You can also re-download bbm from app store and re-install it, it will ask you if you want to replace your existing bbm with the new one you just downloaded, click yes and it will install it onto your berry, but it will now be in the add-on part of options/apps, then you'll be able to delete that one and no more bbm on your berry! it's a lot easier this way than re-installing your OS, but first I'd suggest just finding some bbm contacts or ask to be invited to a bbm group, it really is fun!!!
    Last edited by rnh2112; 06-02-10 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added to it
    06-02-10 07:57 PM
    Just because you don't know anyone with a BB, don't mean you can't use your BBM...like others said, there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to adding people on it...

Unless you don't care to chat on your BB, then do what a couple people suggest.

I love BBMimg.

06-02-10 08:53 PM
    Just because you don't know anyone with a BB, don't mean you can't use your BBM...like others said, there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to adding people on it...

Unless you don't care to chat on your BB, then do what a couple people suggest.

I love BBMimg.

Great point!

06-02-10 09:56 PM
    option > applications > add on > bbm > delete
    06-02-10 09:59 PM
    You can also re-download bbm from app store and re-install it, it will ask you if you want to replace your existing bbm with the new one you just downloaded, click yes and it will install it onto your berry, but it will now be in the add-on part of options/apps, then you'll be able to delete that one and no more bbm on your berry! it's a lot easier this way than re-installing your OS, but first I'd suggest just finding some bbm contacts or ask to be invited to a bbm group, it really is fun!!!

+1!!! Best and easiest way to delete BBM...

06-02-10 11:06 PM
    You rock! This is the easiest way I have found to remove BBM from the storm 2!
    09-01-10 12:07 PM
    +1!!! Best and easiest way to delete BBM...

+1 definitely!
    09-28-10 08:50 AM
    and another +1 from a Torch user.
    10-28-10 01:51 AM
    I couldnt imagine life without BBM
    10-28-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD