Hi there,
    I got my Tmobile 9700 a month ago and i've been experiencing a situation where my BBM messages take very long to send and sometimes getting the clock than sending them in EDGE, I have been looking around but i did not see any threads referencing this . Any clues why this happens? is this normal ?
    12-03-09 02:01 PM
    I actually have a ticket with them open on this, we reproduced the error successfully and is currently in the hands of their engineers. He was unable to reproduce this issue with his devices in Pennsylvania.

But we confirmed it where I am, in South Florida (Miami)

Do you happen to be in Miami also or elsewhere?
    12-03-09 02:04 PM
    I had that today here in Auburn, AL. Instead of the usual ))) sending icon, I got the clock. The messages eventually went through, but only after about 10-15 minutes.
    12-03-09 02:06 PM
    first off does your area have good 3g coverage??? i notice in some area's here (SF) my 3g drops to one bar then back up to five bars never went to edge during bbm... are you running t-mo OS? you can also try turning of your radio in the manage connection for maybe 1-2 mins and turn it back on... i hope that helps
    12-03-09 02:08 PM
    I have this issue as well and I'm in NYC. My 3G bounces from full bars to 1 bar, back and forth. I do see the clock icon appear and sit for a little bit before it sends successfully.
    12-03-09 02:52 PM
    I actually have a ticket with them open on this, we reproduced the error successfully and is currently in the hands of their engineers. He was unable to reproduce this issue with his devices in Pennsylvania.

But we confirmed it where I am, in South Florida (Miami)

Do you happen to be in Miami also or elsewhere?
    I live in Pembroke Pines... so it could be a problem with the service in South Florida, and not the phone!!
    12-03-09 03:04 PM
    I have this issue as well and I'm in NYC. My 3G bounces from full bars to 1 bar, back and forth. I do see the clock icon appear and sit for a little bit before it sends successfully.
    I get the same problem you are mentioning now with the bars at home. i Got full 3g Coverage in my house but even with full bars I get delay with the bbm messages, What is weird is that it only suffers delays with bbm, but emails, sms and even browsing no problems whatsoever. Also when Im downstairs at my house I experience the same problem than you guys.. I get full bars and then all of the sudden drops to one bar..
    12-03-09 03:07 PM
    I have the same problem in Arizona. I have 3G coverage everywhere I work and it does the same clock and then sends after 30 seconds or so. I also have a ticket open. additionally I have another ticket open because my phone will drop from 3G to GPRS while on a call often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:13 PM
    Same issue in NJ
    12-03-09 03:18 PM
    Funny your down in South Florida too, we def confirmed it was an issue on the phone and we have more than 1 9700 experiencing this, so as soon as I know more I will get back to you.
    12-03-09 03:26 PM
    Funny your down in South Florida too, we def confirmed it was an issue on the phone and we have more than 1 9700 experiencing this, so as soon as I know more I will get back to you.
    Thanks.. I would really appreciate it
    12-03-09 03:47 PM
    I am on Bell in BC, and am having the same issue. It's not an issue specific to your area, many people are having it. From what I understand, it is a problem with RIM's server.

It's driving me insane, considering BBM was a huge reason why I got a blackberry to begin with. It's extremely unreliable, and I am wondering what is taking RIM so long to fix it.
    12-17-09 01:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem on Bell in Toronto

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - 9700 Problem

Hey all, hopefully some of you can help me out. I've run into the issue where my demo line is experiencing network issues (Bell HSPA). In a nutshell data is not being pushed back to me, for example, I will send a BBM and it will show delivered and read but I will not get anything back unless I access the phone browser, reset network connections, do a battery pull, or send myself a PIN. This has been occurring to me for the past month or so, and even after wiping and upgrading to 5.0.0.423 it has not solved anything. I was able to contact a CSR and was told to set the phone to 3G only (whereas by default it is 2G and 3G). After that being a temporary fix, another CSR told me to wipe the phone, and reinstall the OS. No luck. I'm not sure if this a hardware or network issue. So if anyone could help me out, that'd be great, my other Berry has moisture in the keypad so this is the only one that keeps me running, and it's not running well. Thank you in advance.
    01-05-10 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD