So RIM has purchased Dataviz, what does this mean for the user?

Is the app going to somehow become more usable/better?

Would this make you not-buy the app in it's current form (waiting for the RIM version)?

Kelton
    09-07-10 07:50 PM
    Just wondering why would anything be different?

Basic version is included free. It's pretty usable the way that it is.

For those that want advanced features, there is a Premium (paid) version available as an option.

Seems like good balance already.

It wouldn't make sense (to me) that anyone who wanted/needed those advanced features would wait for the "RIM version". The application likely won't change ... at least not in the short term. Any changes would likely be off in the future.
    09-07-10 08:26 PM
    Thanks,

I guess "waiting" on the next version, might be a little silly. maybe.

But I'm wondering if there are any advantages to RIM taking that application into their fold.

Perhaps it will be just a standard, free app included on all future blackberries?

I must say that since starting my "premium" version, the application is really amazing.

Who'd have thunk that my little 9650 screen could do a little word processing!

If I could have it automatically integrated with dropbox, it would be "oh my god" good.

Kelton
    09-08-10 03:58 PM
    Personally, I would think that there is little chance of the premium version being included for free. From a business sense, that would make little sense.

The basic version is already included. And most people don't need the premium version and for those that do, it's available at a small cost.

To me, the advantages of RIM acquiring it are that they can better control tailoring the application to work on BlackBerry devices and perhaps be more integrated into the device OS. And from a financial aspect, Documents to Go is currently available to lots of mobile platforms, so it would seem like that is a good revenue stream.
    09-08-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD