This ("Create a custom icon for individual BlackBerry Messenger v5.0 contacts! Highlight the Contact, Press Menu & Show On Home Screen. ^SH") was posted on Twitter and I have replied back and not received an answer, so I'm asking here now.

I am using BBM 5.0 but on the menu key I do not have "Show on Home Screen" as an option. Is there a step I am missing for this? I would love to have an icon for certain people on the home screen but can't figure out how to set it up.

Thanks for your help!
    03-23-10 01:37 PM
    \

I am using BBM 5.0 but on the menu key I do not have "Show on Home Screen" as an option. Is there a step I am missing for this? I would love to have an icon for certain people on the home screen but can't figure out how to set it up.

Thanks for your help!
    While inside BBM 5.0 go to the specific contact you would like to link to your home screen. Do not go to the contact under the 'Chat' category, be sure to go to the contact under the 'Contacts' category. Press the Blackberry Menu button and scroll down to 'Show On Home Screen'. When you click on that it will place a direct link to that contact inside the Instant Messaging folder. From there just highlight and you will be able to move it to whatever folder you would like to including the Home folder.
    03-23-10 02:23 PM
    Thank you! It actually put the icon on my home screen and not in the Instant Messaging folder, so I saved a step :-)

..............thanks for clarifying that you needed to highlight the contact in the "Contacts" list and not the "Chat" list...........

thanks again!
    03-23-10 02:29 PM
    While inside BBM 5.0 go to the specific contact you would like to link to your home screen. Do not go to the contact under the 'Chat' category, be sure to go to the contact under the 'Contacts' category. Press the Blackberry Menu button and scroll down to 'Show On Home Screen'. When you click on that it will place a direct link to that contact inside the Instant Messaging folder. From there just highlight and you will be able to move it to whatever folder you would like to including the Home folder.
    Cool tip. Thanks for the info. Crackberry comes through again.
    03-25-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD