So, here is the scoop....

I originally had a curve 8330 from about a year ago. I gave this to a friend just last week, who was originally with Alltel with his blackberry pearl, and his account was transferred over to Verizon during the time he had the pearl.

Anyways, he activated my old Verizon 8330 under his account. The phone and text messaging work just fine, but we can't receive each others PIN requests. I try to send him a message via PIN, and it says 'service blocked'.

Is there something up with his account? Is it because he was originally an Alltel customer before VZW bought them out and transferred his account?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 04:01 PM
    I don't think it will work if he has an attell phone with VZW.

BIS usually doesn't work if you do that.

03-25-10 04:34 PM
    So basically, he's SOL if he tries to switch to a VZW phone from his existing Alltel phone, even though he is technically a VZW customer now?

03-25-10 05:03 PM
    No. That's incorrect.

He should be able to use your Verizon 8330 on his Verizon account as long as nothing was blocked on your account with the device before you deactivated it on Verizon.

He should verify that his BlackBerry data plan is set up correctly and then he should log in to the VERIZON BIS (not the Alltel BIS) and send his Service Books.
    03-25-10 06:29 PM
    Now, is there a service book (or books) that can be deleted and reset from the blackberry, or does a VZW rep have to do the service book maintenance?
    03-25-10 10:36 PM
    Wait but sprint phones on the boost network don't get data right.?

Am I wrong?

03-26-10 05:55 AM
    Where was anyone talking about Sprint or Boost??
    03-26-10 11:21 AM
    Well, he got things to work, so all is good. Not sure what happened, but I got his PIN request just a little while ago.

Thanks!

03-26-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD