According to this feed on the WJD design website an app called crosstalk for the Android platform will integrate BBM. As much as I doubt this will work, it would be wonderful wouldn't it?

Source: BBM integration for Android thanks to Cross Talk??? | WJD Designs

Again, here on the dev website:
    Blue Planet Apps - CrossTalk v1.0
    09-05-10 12:39 AM
    That will be nice but I doubt it.
    09-05-10 12:43 AM
    How would that even work?
    09-05-10 12:55 AM
    AM?
    Android Messanger?
    09-05-10 01:26 AM
    How would that even work?
    No idea.

From the second link:

The ultimate IM client for Android and Blackberry. Supporting multiple protocols like GTalk, AIM, MSN, Facebook and even BBM! That's right, your Blackberry friends are no longer out in the cold, message your BBM PINS from any of the other networks using CrossTalk. Now your Blackberry users can BBM your GTalk Android users or anyone else. It's an IM free for all. CrossTalk should be available towards the end of August 2010 on the Android and Blackberry Market places.
    I think this may be intentionally vague. Who knows how it will work. I'm hoping if I have Cross Talk on an Android device I'll be able to send message that will be received in BBM on a blackberry.
    09-05-10 01:56 AM
    That sounds wonderful. I sure hope this is true, because BBM is the only thing that is really holding me on BB right now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 07:28 AM
    I think it is an excellent pipe dream, but seeing as BBM is run through PIN services, I can't see HOW you could get a NON RIM device onto your BBM list if they don't have a PIN.

MAYBE they have found a way to send a PIN message to a BBM client, but how could the BBM client respond?
    note non of the pics have the BBM symbol, this could be a great ploy to get people talking about their multi IM client.
    09-05-10 08:08 AM
    I think it is an excellent pipe dream, but seeing as BBM is run through PIN services, I can't see HOW you could get a NON RIM device onto your BBM list if they don't have a PIN.

MAYBE they have found a way to send a PIN message to a BBM client, but how could the BBM client respond?
    note non of the pics have the BBM symbol, this could be a great ploy to get people talking about their multi IM client.
    I agree, no counting chickens before they're hatched on this one. But still, it's a bit intriguing, sort of like finding the holy grail, if they've found a way to pull it off...

09-05-10 08:52 AM
    Even if they did, RIM would obviously block access as soon as they find out.
    09-05-10 11:30 AM
    I would almost think it wouldn't be possible without cooperation from RIM. Can't imagine why RIM would pick these guys to deal with or not, but stranger things have happened. Haha

09-05-10 12:21 PM
    Isn't it suppose to be available for August 2010?! Well its the 5th of September.

09-05-10 12:48 PM
    We have learned a lot about BlackBerry Messenger with the situation in the Middle East and South Asia.

For example, we know that on BIS, BBM is encrypted but all BlackBerry share the same key. It then compressed prior to packaging with metadata tags that identify the source and destination PIN numbers and that is available to law enforcement services on court order.

So, if the app developer operates a BES server, it is not that difficult to "spoof" the source and destination tags to bridge over to BBM and a universal IM client.

Sweet!
    09-05-10 03:16 PM
    I hope this is true. BBM is the only thing keeping me tied to BB right now.
    09-05-10 03:32 PM
    Of course, as was mentioned, they could always figure out a way to patch the loophole, and likely will, and I wonder if it could result in a lawsuit against the company who does that for hacking RIM. I'm sure they could prove some significant monetary damages resulting from it.

It'll be interesting to see this play out, if real...

09-05-10 03:37 PM
    Rim should sue bbm and the form factor are the only 2 key factors holding me from going back to android. Truthfully if your android is your primary smartphone we frankly don't have much to talk about. Besides android is buggy period it will take years to mimic

09-05-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD