I have a contact in my phonebook and have her phone number and PIN stored under her name. She sent me an SMS as her BBM is off as she is abroad and doesn't want big data charges. So when I receive an SMS from her it is also stored in the BBM section with a phone icon next to it. I want to remove it from the BBM section but not delete the texts. How do I do this?

I'm using 8900/5.0.0.681
    07-25-10 05:58 PM
    Hmm I'm not 100% sure, but there is no way around this, unless you remove the PIN information from the contact and/or delete the contact off your bbm. I just tried this and I have 2 chats within bbm, one for sms and one for actual bbm.
    07-25-10 09:06 PM
    you cannot remove the SMS/BBM association unless you remove the link from your contacts list. the newest versions of BBM in beta testing has the option to disassociate SMS's in BBM. until you can download that, removing the link is the only way to stop the SMS's from showing up in the BBM list.
    07-25-10 11:38 PM
    Ok thank you. I removed her PIN from the contact info. But the SMS still remains in BBM unil I delete it.
    07-26-10 05:22 AM
    Do you mean it's appearing in BBM itself, or that BBM and SMS are both appearing in a 'messages' folder?
    07-26-10 11:23 AM
    Do you mean it's appearing in BBM itself, or that BBM and SMS are both appearing in a 'messages' folder?
    I mean its appearing in BBM itself. dictoresno had it spot on.
    07-26-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD