I've searched but I can't find help. I just recently started syncing my Gmail contacts wirelessly and now they won't keep the contact photo! It wouldn't be that big a deal but I also use Berry Popup (which displays the photo when a msg comes in) and Iconify (like a launcher for your homescreen) and both apps utilize the contact photo. I've applied the same photo to the Google contacts on the web, and every time I save them on my BB after a while they just disappear! If anybody knows a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Also, the birthdays will NOT stay in the contact info even though I also put them on the website. Help. I'm on OS 5.0.692, Verizon Storm2 9550. It's driving me nutty!!!
    05-19-10 09:25 AM
    I would also like to see the answer to this. I'm having the same problem on my 9700.

I am using wireless syncing of Desktop (BES) and Gmail.
    05-28-10 09:44 AM
    Same here. Very very very annoying.
    05-28-10 04:03 PM
    This is my first experience having a blackberry coming from palm.. I have had it for 4 days now and it has been nothing but a nightmare.

My contact photos keep disappearing
    my google calendar wouldn't sync properly
    nor would my read messages 2way sync with gmail (without multiple deletion and recreating of gmail account)

Ive always heard such great things about blackberry being an "Email Powerhouse"
    I am so disappointed because I know i'd like the phone if I could rely on the basics to work without thinking about it.

I already spent too many hours (with sprint and blackberry support) on these issues. I am returning the blackberry, and probably never going back again.

I'll probably go the android route.

Good luck to the rest of you.
    08-02-10 10:57 AM
    Gmail synching is a pure nightmare. Messes up just about everything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 11:06 AM
    Blackberry and Gmail DO NOT work well together. I've had many hassles. I am going to un-sync and see if it fixes my missing avatar issue.
    08-03-10 10:53 AM
    I'm using a third party app like scrubly.com/app
    I found this to be good when creating a master contact list. It sync contacts through to adding photos using various social media accounts etc.
    05-11-13 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD