I enjoy using BB Messenger but at least 5 times a day I lose the conversation that I am in. Then if I have to go back to refer to it for anything I can't...GRRR

Does anyone know why it does this and is there a setting I can use or adjust to fix it
    01-21-10 10:25 AM
    Go into your options> status> what does your file free say?
    I've seen others have this problem and it is usually due to their phone not having enough memory free on it.
    01-21-10 10:28 AM
    I enjoy using BB Messenger but at least 5 times a day I lose the conversation that I am in. Then if I have to go back to refer to it for anything I can't...GRRR

Does anyone know why it does this and is there a setting I can use or adjust to fix it
    Hey, and welcome to the forums.

I got an error yesterday alot actually. What happened to me was, while typing my textbar would lock up and i couldnt see what changes or anything i was typing. I had to close that particular chat i was in, and re open.

Do you end that users chat ? and do you have the latests BBM?

What OS are you using.

Cheers

~Joe
    01-21-10 10:29 AM
    There is an option to save the conversations to device or media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 10:32 AM
    This was my situation, i used to have bbm chats going into my messages folder, and when i would push delete prior, it would delete. The chat too. Turned this option off in bbm options and now the chats stay there until i delete them.
    01-21-10 10:39 AM
    I will try these...I do have the latest software and love the messenger but dang it gets frustrating..I have alot of photos on my phone..it could be causing it I suppose...I will try that..I have verizon
    01-21-10 10:49 AM
    I am having this issue too . . . my free file space shows >13m. How do I free up space?

How is the delete option turned off? I don't see this in my bbm options.
    02-12-10 01:16 PM
    The older version of BBM (i.e. the version that say, comes pre-bundled on a 8330) deletes BBMs when the device got low on memory (just as it will delete emails, etc).

Deleting emails isn't so bad, usually in this case it's not a 2 way sync so the emails remain on your BES / gmail etc ... but understandably there's a problem when BBMs get deleted because there is no external "backup".

Anyway, this is removed in the new BBM. And you can't turn it off in the older versions.
    02-12-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD