Hi all

This is a not big deal and I don't want to reinstall my OS over it but my BBM contact list constantly shows updates,- just seems to be limited to 3 contacts, I check and there doesn't seem to be anything different. I click on them and the update icon goes away. Then a few hours later 1 or more will show up again for an update notification and 9 times out of 10 there will be no change.

Any ideas ?
    09-27-10 02:50 PM
    I get the same thing. It happens when contacts make changes to their profiles and display pictures.

There is no way to disable it. I got used to it months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:11 PM
    Samething happened to me....I found out it was people posting pictures and commenting to them
    09-27-10 04:12 PM
    try BBM> options > show recent updates > none
    09-27-10 04:16 PM
    I get the same thing. It happens when contacts make changes to their profiles and display pictures.

There is no way to disable it. I got used to it months ago.

BBM > BB menu button > options > scroll down to ''recent updates'' and select NONE
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 09-27-10 at 04:25 PM.
    09-27-10 04:16 PM
    Actually, the Future Mrs. asked me one day why I kept updating my status with nothing new to say.

I told her I hadn't changed anything (Status, Picture, anything) in weeks. She showed me where it was showing an update like the OP posted.

I went in and blanked my Status out and she has not gotten an "Updated" status from me since.

Not sure why, but, my status was UPDATING every few hours with no changes.

But, see the previous post on how to disable seeing the updates.
    09-27-10 04:26 PM
    Ahmed & plkcable are correct about shutting updates off.

If you don't want to entirely turn off the updates, make sure you check off the option to Combine Recent Updates and un-check the option to Display Music Updates. Have Show Recent Updates set to the lowest option of 25.

You should also be aware that after a reboot, BBM often displays updates again as new.

Are you running the newest version of BBM? It is not included in OS .862.
    In BBM, click MENU key and select Options. Click MENU again and select About BlackBerry Messenger to show your version. Most current officially released is 5.0.1.38.

If you don't have that, from your BB Browser go to:
    Download BlackBerry Messenger
    09-27-10 04:28 PM
    Hi everyone

Thank you for advice and comments - I will first do as elite1 suggested and if that doesn't work for me (I am running 5.0.0.862) I'll just shut off recent updates altogether.

Thanks for your help
    09-27-10 05:14 PM
    Hi everyone

Thank you for advice and comments - I will first do as elite1 suggested and if that doesn't work for me (I am running 5.0.0.862) I'll just shut off recent updates altogether.

Thanks for your help
    Anytime! . . This is why we are here
    09-27-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD