hey everybody,

i was hoping to find out what i was doing wrong.... im using a t-mobile bold 9700 with .862 on it. i was using the t-mobile official os .714 before this and had to send in my bold for a new one cause i just could not solve the issues that i was having. everuthing was perfect on the new 9700 until yesterday...

so here is whats happening.....

ive tried all this on an official OS from t-mobnile as well so i cant imagine that the OS is the reason......

i keep getting an error for bbm and vvm that there is an app error and everytime i click one of those icons the phone just freezes and i can move the away from the icon till i switch the phone on and off (not reboot)

i noticed this happens everytime i download a new app / theme etc. i was told it could be the app or the theme but when i delete the theme i still get the same behaviour until i reload the OS.

any suggestions...??????
    yesterday i wiped the device clean and loaded .862 yesterday evening i tried upgrading my bbm to 5.0.1 and all the issues started again. i do a battery pull after every install.... downgraded my bbm to 5.0.0 and everything was ok. today i upgraded bb app world and all the mess starts all over again.....

i have always loved my blackberry, but this is just making me wanna throw my phone away and move to an android device.... pls tell me if im doing something wrong. im at work and cant be on crackberry all day so pls post ur suggestions but copy me an email if possible. my email is zorawar@gmail.com

thanks for all the help in advance.
    08-24-10 10:29 AM
    App error... not very descriptive.... what error???

It could very well be an OS error... you might need to reload your OS... it might even be a good idea to use something like CrackMem or BBSAK to Wipe your device and load a fresh OS... by fresh OS, I mean delete the OS from your PC, download and install a NEW copy of your OS of choice, then use CrackMem or BBSAK to wipe your device and load the OS on your PC.

Of course you should backup your 3rd party apps and data/settings before doing this because you will need to reload your data/settings using DM and your 3rd party apps after you wipe your device.
    08-24-10 10:47 AM
    @fatboy97 - it says process terminated bb peer to peer for bbm and something similar for vvm ( i dont care abt vvm as i have just decided to move to youmail.... its the bbm error thats killing me.....
    08-24-10 10:56 AM
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan??? And have you tried to resend your Service Books... there are two ways of doing this... only one is required... either log into your provider's BIS server and resend your service books.... OR from your Blackberry, open Setup Folder > Manage Internet Email > Menu > Service Books > Resend your Service Books.
    08-24-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD