Ok, I've looked through the existing threads out there and cannot find one that matches my dilemma.

I have a 9500 Storm Blackberry with the most current Verizon OS. I had no issues running BBM on the phone or any other app.

It used to be my personal phone but the company agreed to pay for it under their plan and control.

Since then, I can:
    • send and receive BBM messages to people internal to the company
    • receive BBM messages from people external to the company

I can not (nor others in my company) send BBM messages to people external to the company. Others in my company have the 8330 or the new curve phones from Blackberry.

I am not an IT guy but an end user who is savvy with my device but not to the server level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.......
    ITwannabe likes this.
    02-17-10 09:12 AM
    You need to discuss this problem with your IT staff.

You didn't state it but I assume they connected you up to your company's BES server. From there, they probably dropped a policy or setup something that doesn't allow you to send any PIN messages outside of the company's firewall.

Since your company has taken over your plan, I doubt there is anything you can do other than ask your BES admin if you can be allowed to do this.

I always consider it bad practice to all people with "personal" devices to activate on a company BES server. This is just one example why.
    02-17-10 09:27 AM
    You need to discuss this problem with your IT staff.

I always consider it bad practice to all people with "personal" devices to activate on a company BES server. This is just one example why.
    Thanks for the advice...

I have talked to my IT folks and they have been looking to resolve this since yesterday but thought I could lend them a hand by seeking SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) like yourself.

I also thought it would be difficult to transfer over personal to corporate but all the corporate BB phones have the exact same problem.
    02-17-10 09:34 AM
    The IT guy told me the following:

Blackberry browser disabled in Server due to it bypassing the company firewall and accessing our Intranet.

I'm not completely sure what that means.....and if it would impact the BBM.
    02-17-10 10:23 AM
    Is it true or at least likely that if you are on an enterprise device, that any BBM conversations are stored on the server for som period of time?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks....
    05-21-11 02:58 PM
    Is it true or at least likely that if you are on an enterprise device, that any BBM conversations are stored on the server for som period of time?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks....
    What can my BES Admin see on my BlackBerry handheld?
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-21-11 at 03:14 PM.
    05-21-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD