I've had an odd BBM5.537 (I think) prob. It kept hanging and I couldn't reply to messages.
    So I went to BB's AppWorld to reinstall it. Only it wouldn't install, and deleted my current version.
    I now have no BBM at all and can't download it again. Not only that, whatever happened also reset my profile (ring tones) and had to arrange that again.

So moral of story is put up with the BBM freezes, or delete it altogether by trying to fix it

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 03:44 PM
    i havent encountered any probs with BBM but have you tried installing it directly from blackberry.com/messenger?
    03-01-10 03:47 PM
    Make sure to delete the old version from the Applications list and then try reloading here.
    Make sure that in your Browser configuration that your Emulation is set to BlackBerry before you attempt to download.

If you had your contacts backed up online or via media card, you should be able to restore them in moments, or from a backup file using Desktop Manager

The version you had was probably 5.0.0.33.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-01-10 at 03:52 PM.
    03-01-10 03:49 PM
    Cheers guys. I don't know where to find my apps list. Have checked my applications folder and its not there.
    Have checked downloads and it isn't there.

Thanks, both, for quick responses.

03-01-10 03:57 PM
    Cheers guys. I don't know where to find my apps list. Have checked my applications folder and its not there.
    Have checked downloads and it isn't there.

Thanks, both, for quick responses.

Apps list is in Options>Advanced Options>Applications. If it appears in there, just highlight it and press menu and then delete it.

Last edited by JRF_8520; 03-01-10 at 04:44 PM.
    03-01-10 04:37 PM
    I am having the same issue and nothing is working to help me get BBM back. I have tried completely wiping my device and reinstalling OS, looking for hidden icons, looking in every folder.

BBM is clearly installed but it is not active/open. Any one have any ideas? I am not a newb, but this problem has given me a run for my money.

Thanks in advance

Alex
    03-01-10 05:00 PM
    Well I have managed to reinstall it thanks to BergerKing's direct link to the BB site.

If you haven't tried that link it may be worth a try Alex? If you've wiped your BB I guess you've tried everything tho...

03-02-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD