I switched from a 9000 to a 9800. Then 2 weeks later switched from a 9800 to another 9800. I used DM device switch each time for the apps and data.

Examples:
    Google Talk and Facebook, loaded on phone, but app world doesn't show it my app world, when I search app world I see google talk but it gives me no option to run, load, or update.
    Geocache, loaded on phone, but I can't load the pin in the app, it errors out. When I go to app world it is in my app.
    Weather Channel, is loaded on the phone but in my app world it says unavailable for this device.
    Scanner Radio, it was loaded on my phone but when I try to use it, it tells me I need to buy it again, it is in my app world, and gives me the option to purchase it even though I already did.

There are more examples like these.

I contacted individual app makers and they are no help. They tell me it is an app world problem.
    It is impossible to contact RIM since they are a big company and don't care enough to have support lines it seems.

How in the world do I fix this? I still have these apps in my BB Swiss Army Knife program I used months ago and also a back up app file I made before I switched phones. If I reload the apps again from one of those files would it make it work?
    Last edited by kneeman; 09-03-10 at 09:25 PM.
    09-03-10 09:12 PM
    Well this is a bummer. No one else has this problem?
    09-07-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD