Hi! I have a BB Storm 2 9550 running v5.0.0.320 (Platform 4.2.0.124) {17}. My carrier is Verizon Wireless. I have a PC running Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 2.

My BlackBerry software is:

BlackBerry Device Manager 5.0.1.11

BBDevMgr 4.1.0.12

RIM USB Driver 4.1.0.4

RIM USB Serial Driver 2.2.0.3

Application Loader 5.0.1.32

RIMProgram 1.0.0.35

I have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Media Sync v. 3.0.0.39.

When I have BB Media Sync open and try to change from iTunes Playlist to Windows Media Player Playlist I get a message that says, "Windows Media Player is not installed." However, I have Windows Media Player v. 11.0.6002.18111 installed and running on my computer.

I have searched for an answer to this problem for the past 3 months. I've seen posts about using iTunes instead of WMP but here is my problem with that. I download audibooks from my local library and they are not compatible with iTunes. Also, in order to be able to listen to the books, they have to be opened in WMP to initiate the license, so I make WMP playlists and put each book in one.

I used to sync audiobooks with my Palm without a problem. Trying to do it with my BB has been very frustrating. I feel like I'm missing something really simple but can't find a solution anywhere.

Please help. Thanks!
    03-14-10 08:15 PM
    Microsoft has pushed new software that prevents transferring .wma files to Blackberries or other portable devices if they are copyrighted. This is a new policy implimented within the past 6 weeks or so. Before that I used to transfer library files to my Storm2 to listen to while undergoing treatments at the local hospital. Now the library software gives me an error message saying that .wma files are "incompatible" with the Blackberry, something that I know to be false, since my Storm2 was able to play any .wma file until the new Microsoft DRM software was pushed. About all you can do is get a device that will make .mp3 files of analog playback of the files you want on your portable.

Bob
    03-14-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD