So I tried to scan a few group barcodes today and my phone just won't do it. It just tries to focus on the barcode and then just keeps trying. Not sure what the issue is. I'm going to try downgrading and trying again. Running bbm .57 and OS .428. Any other thoughts though on what it could be? Or is anyone else having the same issue?
    12-29-09 09:35 PM
    I havent run into this problem but try doing this reloading either bbm .57 or Os .148
    12-29-09 09:45 PM
    try doing a memory repair. it seems to get the camera running faster and using the focus box better. It's not the scanner program probably, have you tried using the camera mode alone and seeing if it works normally. The memory repair can be found in the options-memory menu button and repair.
    12-29-09 11:27 PM
    The camera runs and works normally. It just has problems when trying to scan a barcode
    12-29-09 11:37 PM
    try setting the focus on the close up setting
    12-30-09 03:35 AM
    I'm just scanning a barcode though? It should do whatever it needs automatically. I didn't need to change any camera settings on my curve to scan a barcode.

Also uninstalling and reinstalling BBM .57 didn't help. Going to try a downgrade if I can find a ota link to one.
    12-30-09 03:47 AM
    Hello, when i go to scan a barcode my screen goes black. Ive never scanned one before and my phone is unlocked. Any advice peoples? Kay x
    05-12-10 08:45 AM
    try setting the focus on the close up setting
    I have noticed that this has had a positive affect on the closer up pictures I take. I wonder if this would fix my issues with ScanLife as well. Hmmmm.
    05-12-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD