I recently had to switch my Torch for a new one. I am trying to restore my BBM contacts and it is telling me that none on my email addresses are linked to BBM..I contstantly back up m y contacts so I find this impossible.

Please help. I have over 90 BBM contacts.
    09-10-10 03:28 PM
    Restore from local backup or remote? Sounds like local backup because when doing remote all you do kick off the process.

If you look at your contacts, BBM info is at the bottom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 04:08 PM
    I recently had to switch my Torch for a new one. I am trying to restore my BBM contacts and it is telling me that none on my email addresses are linked to BBM..I contstantly back up m y contacts so I find this impossible.

Please help. I have over 90 BBM contacts.
    You did the device switch in BIS? Your email is registered to the new Torch?
    09-10-10 04:21 PM
    Email backup has problems with the latest bbm release. I'll bet if a lot of people checked their backup settings they'd see that their email is no longer registered. It's just broken. I have to re-register every couple of days. Once it's unlinked it's too late to restore I'm afraid.

09-10-10 04:23 PM
    Email backup has problems with the latest bbm release. I'll bet if a lot of people checked their backup settings they'd see that their email is no longer registered. It's just broken. I have to re-register every couple of days. Once it's unlinked it's too late to restore I'm afraid.

Interesting - I've never had an issue with restoring or backing up with email.
    09-10-10 04:43 PM
    Registered mine a few weeks back after getting a Torch. Still there. After I sent service books post a wipe, BBM restored with no issues.

09-10-10 06:04 PM
    I had no problem when I initially upgraded from my 9000, but recently when updating to .214 I had MAJOR issues restoring contacts. I didn't do it via email though, I figured out I was trying to use the automatic backups BBM generates, and they were not working. I found a recent manual backup on my SD card that finally worked, so I would think the best thing to do before ANY kind of upgrade is do a local manual backup.
    09-10-10 06:52 PM
    well I'm restoring from a back up on my pc now. Hope this works..
    09-10-10 08:05 PM
    what database are you restoring from? when i choose restore, i dont want all the settings, just the advanced screen, what is the option that restores BBM contacts?
    10-04-10 03:23 PM

I vouch for this.I BBSAK'ed my 8900 and did a clean reinstall for everything due to some exeception errors I was getting. I had linked my gmail id and when trying to do a restore with .41, it says it is no longer linked.
    Fortunately I have some of the PIN's saved in my phonebook, but some are lost. Will do a manual backup on the SD and on desktop henceforth.
    12-21-10 04:07 AM
    I had the same problem. Restore via email failed and so did all the backup files on the memory card. Had to re-add them all manually! Not impressed.
    12-21-10 03:10 PM
    I had the same problem. Restore via email failed and so did all the backup files on the memory card. Had to re-add them all manually! Not impressed.

Ouch...I thought SD card backup was fullproof. Whats the best way to backup while migrating from OS 5 to OS 6? Plan to upgrade the missus 9700 soon.
    12-22-10 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD