Hi guys.
    Hoping someone can help me out, Recently whenever I add a contact to BBM hey cannot see my pic and I cannot see theres, I also cant see their timezone/country flag.
    I've been trying to remove BBM to reinstall it and see if that does anything.

I'm on Orange UK network. If I go into application manager on my phone to remove BBM I cannot. The phone only lets me remove third party applications I've downloaded, but none that came installed with the phone.

When I connect my 9800 to my computer ( I have the most up to date version of Desktop Manager) The only applications I can see that can be removed again are the third party ones.

Can anyone shed a little light on how I can go about removing BBM?

Thanks,
    Conor.
    12-06-10 05:13 AM
    Apparently there is an issue with pic updates that is affecting everyone. Both of my berries have been showing the same contact pics for about the past 48 hours and I have changed them a few times each already.
    12-06-10 05:16 AM
    Ahhhh. Well that sort of explains things, Would you know how I could get round the other issue on my phone purely to uninstall BBM / reinstall?
    12-06-10 05:23 AM
    Not sure if that would work or not. I would be inclined to say no. I have 2 berries with different OS's and now they at least have the same BBM version. Up dated my 8900 version last night to see if it would work...

Not so much.
    12-06-10 05:32 AM
    The only way to know for sure is to contact your carrier and have em transfer you to RIM. But with the people posting here so far and I know it is a very small base to form an opinion with, I would have to say yes.

I wont be calling my carrier because the pic updates really don't affect the messaging. So I can live with it for now. I may yet call Telus, but I have my doubts that I will.
    12-06-10 05:38 AM
    The title says "removing BBM". The answer is simple and doing so will not correct the "pic" issue really covered by this thread but here goes:

In late releases of OS5+, BBM is a required Core app on OS install. For avgerage users that wish to remove BBM simply go to m.blackberry.com from your device and re-download/install BBM. After the required device reset, BBM can now be removed from the device like any other 3rd party application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 06:10 AM
    I wan't to know how to remove applications anyway, not just because of the picture issue (which I'll let you know if it helped or not), but more because when I plug my Curve 8900 into Desktop Manager i get the option to add/remove everything.
    When I plug my Torch in I only get the removal option for third party apps, which means I'm stuck with things like MySpace, Googletalk etc.

Thank you Shansmi
    12-06-10 06:15 AM
    It's not on OS6 after uninstallin' redownloaded one core one comes back the only way is to remove codes by using BBSAK or any other cod removin' software...

The title says "removing BBM". The answer is simple and doing so will not correct the "pic" issue really covered by this thread but here goes:

In late releases of OS5+, BBM is a required Core app on OS install. For avgerage users that wish to remove BBM simply go to m.blackberry.com from your device and re-download/install BBM. After the required device reset, BBM can now be removed from the device like any other 3rd party application.

12-06-10 06:22 AM
    BBM on os6 is a core application and cannot be totally removed(I believe only the icon gets uninstalled when doing what others have posted) unlike previously on os5.

To remove any other applications:

options > device > application management
    12-06-10 06:54 AM
    It's not on OS6 after uninstallin' redownloaded one core one comes back the only way is to remove codes by using BBSAK or any other cod removin' software...
    No need to tweak cod files. This works fine.

12-06-10 07:32 AM
    I did what Shansmi said and downloaded it through m.blackberry.com... It replaced my other version, rebooted my phone. While the pics issue wasn't solved I can now deleted BBM via application manager on my phone but not from Desktop Manager. Hopefully RIM will sort the pictures issue within the next couple days.
    12-06-10 09:35 AM
    In the method I suggested, it is removed. When I access my phone with Desktop Manager after removing BBM, it states that it will be installed, hence, it is no longer installed.
    If you remove cod files from java folder in PC it wont ask you to install it also...
    12-06-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD