I had the misfortune of upgrading my BBM yesterday to .56 during the outage (I didn't know at the time). When It installed my contacts were gone and the recover by email option was not working. I hoped that it would work itself out. This morning everything else seems to be fine but still no contacts on BBM. I have a backup on my computer using BBSAK but will that have my BBM contacts? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks
    12-23-09 07:33 AM
    I had the same problem. I had the misfortune downloaded .56 on my Tour not knowing of the outage yesterday and today when i installed .57, i could not restore my contacts at all... luckily i only have about 10 contacts and i had requested them again.. this is terrible. Ive been with BlackBerry for only six months and these outages are getting outta hand.

good luck
    12-23-09 07:56 AM
    I used BBSAK to read the event log which was loaded with data issues. I cleared the event log and then I went to messenger and tried to restore it via email and it worked. Clearing the event log using BBSAK must be a good idea after outages like this.
    12-23-09 08:31 AM
    I got my contacts back via the Restore-advanced at DM and pulled up the latest back-up file I have. However, I can't seem to restore my groups. It has been "In progress" for almost an hour now.
    12-23-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD