I searched and found some old threads regarding not being able to open PDF's. Found out that older BBs and older versions of documents-to-go only have a pdf viewer in the premium version. Heard that this was changed some time ago and that a pdf viewer is in the basic version of docs to go.

I never can open pdf's. I'm running OS6 on a Bold 9700 on ATT. It always tells me that I don't have the appropriate viewer. I can open everything else JUST FINE. Word docs, ppt, excel. Just not PDF. Not sure what I can do -- I use pdf's a lot now with file sharing services like dropbox and sugarsync and I can't get pdf's to open in anything. Even if I go to file manager and try to open the file directly or open from an email, it doesn't work.

Any ideas?
    01-17-12 10:21 PM
    No one has any suggestions?
    02-01-12 01:01 AM
    The Docs to Go app included in OS 6 does not read PDFs. And this has never changed. The one in OS 7 does, but that doesn't help you.

What you may have heard was Docs to Go v. 3 that got out as a beta and can be loaded on OS 6. It can read PDFs, but it never got an official release. Go to:

http:/rroyy.com/ota/

And scroll a little past half way down to "Documents to Go v3.0.0.21 (OS 6)"

The main app is a bit buggy - it gets stuck at the opening screen, but you can close it out and never use it. Just navigate your way to a PDF file and open it up directly. Works great that way.
    Last edited by joeldf; 02-03-12 at 12:07 PM.
    02-03-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD