I'm not able to get my friends on wikitude BBM. They have their BBM's set to share with their contacts and so do I. But I can't see them on wikitude.
    All I see are four people in Dekhinwhonhave set their BBM to show to everyone.
    What am I doing wrong?
    08-14-11 06:02 PM
    Either they do not have a newer handset, or they are not using wikitude, it is not enough to just share with everyone. Are you in range? Have you checked the list view, I can see people up to 55km away.
    08-14-11 06:04 PM
    Either they do not have a newer handset, or they are not using wikitude, it is not enough to just share with everyone. Are you in range? Have you checked the list view, I can see people up to 55km away.
    They have the 9900 and have signed into wikitude. Their BBM is set to share with their contact list.
    I can't see them, but I can see BBM user who are 20 kms away who are not on my BBM list.
    08-14-11 06:18 PM
    They have the 9900 and have signed into wikitude. Their BBM is set to share with their contact list.
    I can't see them, but I can see BBM user who are 20 kms away who are not on my BBM list.
    Can they see you? I had to reboot my phone and run a series of calibrations before I could 'see' other BBM users.
    08-14-11 06:19 PM
    Can they see you? I had to reboot my phone and run a series of calibrations before I could 'see' other BBM users.
    Did that as well.Calibrations on both phones. Still no joy.
    Both of us can see the same 4 BBM users who have set their BBM's to show to everyone.
    But we can't see each other.
    Led me to believe that we might be doing something wrong.
    Both of us have our settings to share location with our contact list.
    08-14-11 06:28 PM
    Did that as well.Calibrations on both phones. Still no joy.
    Both of us can see the same 4 BBM users who have set their BBM's to show to everyone.
    But we can't see each other.
    Led me to believe that we might be doing something wrong.
    Both of us have our settings to share location with our contact list.
    Ok, I am going to screw around with the settings and let you know what mine are and see if that helps. Will post in this as an Edit.

Before I do that. Have you connected Wikitude to your BBM?

ok in settings I have;

Unit of Length - Meters
    All other BBM users can see you. Public
    BBM Service Status - Connected (I did have to close out wiki for it to pick it up)

I'll hunt for some more settings
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-14-11 at 06:39 PM.
    08-14-11 06:31 PM
    does that mean Wikitude only shows OS7 BBM users integrated into the app?

so much for creeping the random girl you see fidding on bbm lol
    08-16-11 09:07 PM
    I'm in the same situation, I can't see my contacts in wikitude, just random people. Can somebody who has it working post their options or something so we can see where we're going wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 07:34 PM
    I'm having the same issue, My wife and I both have 9930 and we can't get Wikitude to view our contacts. We are able to view other random people but not our contacts.
    09-23-11 02:49 PM
    I am having the same issue with BBM contacts not showing on this app. I'm so very tired of RIM approving apps that don't work. It shouldn't be this difficult.
    06-04-12 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD