I've tried to find an answer to this question in the forums but no luck so I'll just ask it.

I recently installed 5.0.0.1082 for my Storm2 on Telus Mobility

I did the backups and and resent all my service books again but i can't seem to get my gmail calendar to be the default.

The BBM Groups is showing up first on the list and when I create new entries it defaults to the BBM Group. I've looked into my Default Services and it is showing that my gmail is the default calendar.

I can live with having to change the calendar when entering items but when I plug in my bb to sync with Outlook, desktop manager is saying that my "default calendar has changed to BBM Groups and this will be the new calendar that syncs. Press Cancel and change your default in order to restore the old calendar". Something along those lines.

I've looked into trying to delete the service book for the bbm group calendar but I can't tell which one it is. I can only find my gmail CICAL service book.

Thanks
    07-16-11 06:15 PM
    I have had the same problem with BBM Groups hijacking my calendar. It has always been this way so I have had to keep Groups off my machine. Came back on trying to find a solution and came across your thread. Did you get anywhere with this?
    08-07-11 05:00 AM
    Go over the event, click the blackberry button and press delete, then another box should come up saying delete this event or series or something like that, click delete the series and all the events should be gone.
    08-07-11 11:07 AM
    Go over the event, click the blackberry button and press delete, then another box should come up saying delete this event or series or something like that, click delete the series and all the events should be gone.
    Bizarre. This will not get rid of that pesky Groups calendar. In researching this issue on the web it appears to be a bug that RIM has had for the past couple years. The only way I could solve it was to wipe the device and reinstall the OS with no Groups. As soon as I join a group then the groups calendar becomes the default and I am no longer able to sync my device calendar with Outlook.
    08-07-11 03:38 PM
    I backed up my device and then resintalled the OS. Once that was complete I did an advanced restore and selected everything except the BBM Groups calendar to restore and my gmail calendar is back to being the default calendar and it syncs correctly with my Outlook now.
    08-07-11 04:04 PM
    Have you had to keep from joining any BBM groups to keep your sync working? I've been fighting with this issue for a long time now. Keep coming back to try it but the same result every time. Hoping RIM will fix this one day...
    08-07-11 04:08 PM
    Hm really? Worked for me on my 9780 when someone in one of my groups accidentally made an event for everyday for the next two years... Weird.
    08-07-11 06:15 PM
    I backed up my device and then resintalled the OS. Once that was complete I did an advanced restore and selected everything except the BBM Groups calendar to restore and my gmail calendar is back to being the default calendar and it syncs correctly with my Outlook now.
    Legallan, how are you? After doing this, did you join a BB group? If you did, did this change your default calendar? Hope to have your answer soon,
    11-29-11 11:43 AM
    I haven't joined a BBM group since I did this so I don't know. Sorry
    12-03-11 07:02 PM
    this has been annoying me for the longest time.
    i can't seem to find the thread but you need to delete the bb groups calendar cod file through bbsak it can't be done in service books.

i've also noticed that the bb groups cal file is not in os7

edit: i remember the file now. net_rim_bbgroup_calendar.cod
    Last edited by ardew; 12-05-11 at 03:22 PM. Reason: filename
    12-05-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD