Hi all, first post here, CB noob

I've had blackberries for quite some time now because of the nature of work, and I've just received my 9800 yesterday (was using a 9700 previously) and for some reason, I can't seem to attach any pics to an email.

I tried using the options to attach by composing a new mail message, and also tried going into the media gallery and tried to do the same (on my 9700, the option of "SEND AS" was there.

Not sure if this is a problem with the 9800...OS is v6.0.0.284 (Bundle 862, Platform 6.4.0.120)

Hopefully someone can be of assistance.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
    12-22-11 02:00 AM
    Check
    Options -> Security -> Encryption

there is a checkbox in the Media Card section named "Encrypt".

As far as I remember, if the content of the media card is encrypted - you cannot attach to a mail.

if this is the case:
    Uncheck the check box - all images created after that will be attachable
    Copy/Paste all of your images in order to remove the encryption - this is in order to be able to attach images created while you had the encryption enabled.
    12-22-11 02:58 AM
    Check
    Options -> Security -> Encryption

there is a checkbox in the Media Card section named "Encrypt".

As far as I remember, if the content of the media card is encrypted - you cannot attach to a mail.

if this is the case:
    Uncheck the check box - all images created after that will be attachable
    Copy/Paste all of your images in order to remove the encryption - this is in order to be able to attach images created while you had the encryption enabled.
    I went to the settings you mentioned above, the box is checked. I'm unable to uncheck it since there's lock icon on it, but it's odd because the 9700 I had was also encrypted and locked. I just checked with other office colleague's phones, same setting, theirs is also locked, but the option to Send pics is there.
    12-22-11 03:09 AM
    Well, I don't know why the checkbox is also locked. Maybe you are using BES?

Anyway, from my personal experience, removing the encryption solves the problem with not being able to attach images.

Maybe someone else will be able to help you
    12-22-11 06:15 AM
    Problem solved, I downloaded and installed the most recent official os. Thanks though!
    12-25-11 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD