Hi,

My girlfriend finally purchased a blackberry. I've been using blackberries for years and she finally got one so the first thing we wanted to do was add each other on BBM.

Apparently this is impossible every time i try to add her i get this "pending" message and she gets the same message as well.

She is able to add other people and other people are able to add her. My sister who is on the same network as me (and also has a 9780) can add her just fine.

My girlfriend is on Singtel (singapore) and i'm on Hi (netherlands).

What have i tried so far:

- Tried waiting for the pending message to leave (about 12 hours)
    - Tried a battery pull
    - Tried reinstalling BBM
    - Tried reinstalling my OS
    - Tried 2G
    - Tried 3G
    - Tried Wifi
    - Tried adding someone new (worked)
    - Tried clearing my service book
    - Tried adding her via email/pin
    - She tried adding me via email/pin
    - Checked my firewall (it's off)

At one stage she was in my list but she could only receive my messages but couldn't reply to them.

If i send her a Pin message it turns op with a 'D' in my messages and she doesn't receive it. If she tries sending me one she's getting a message that i'm not on this service.

Does anyone have any other solution to this? It's very frustrating!
    08-28-11 08:05 AM
    You are not alone. My son told me a similar story...
    08-28-11 08:33 AM
    I had a similar problem with one of my contacts. I had originally invited him by sending an invite to his PIN (which I got from somebody else). He accepted and it seemed to work for a while, but after a bit messages I would send to him would get Delivered but he would never receive them. We discovered this when we actually saw each other face to face. So I deleted him, and we tried again, first by him scanning my barcode. Couldn't get it to get off of the pending stage. Deleted him again, then tried the reverse, I scanned his barcode. That seemed to work, and things seem ok since then. I suspected it had something to do with his BB being a corporate one and placing some sort of security restrictions.
    08-29-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD