11-29-10 10:39 PM
33 12
tools
    I cannot seem to add a contact to Blackberry Messenger. I used to have my sister-in-law as a contact and somehow I might have accidently deleted her. I tried to add her as a contact and it will say pending and and she will accept the request and then it disappears and she won't be added to my contacts. I have requested her through an email request and there is NO OPTION displaying to request by PIN number. Can someone please help me? She has me as her contact but I can't seem to add her. It is driving me crazy!!
    Last edited by HilaryMSW52; 08-16-08 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I wanted to bold my heading but i can't!!
    08-16-08 09:13 PM
    try doing it this way: open BB messenger, select add a contact, when your contact list (as in address book not PIN contact list) comes up go to the very top of the contact list, select "use once" option, and then enter your sister-in-law's PIN manually. That should do it.

When invites by PIN from your address book don't work then this usually will do the trick. Email invites don't always seem to connect well.
    08-16-08 09:39 PM
    There is no option to request a PIN once or request anything once!! I am pulling the hair out of my head!! I can't figure this out. I even tried to deleting her as a contact and starting all over again but there is no pin request anywhere. Please Help!!
    08-16-08 09:43 PM
    try going into your address book and editing her entry.... where it says PIN, enter her PIN, then go back too BB Messenger and click add contact, the scroll to her entry. this always works for me.
    08-16-08 10:30 PM
    I tried that and it didn't work!! I am so frustrated!!
    08-17-08 08:18 AM
    you have to add it to the address book just like any other contact that you have just inter the name and the pin and save it then go to messenger and you will be able to pull up that persons name and then in the menu you have a list of options like sms / mms / email / pin message.
    08-17-08 08:55 AM
    NOPE doesn't work!! I have done all of those things!! I have a Blackberry Pearl. I once had my sister-in-law as a contact on blackberry messenger. She is no longer a contact and I cannot add her. I have entered her PIN and email address and still to no avail it doesn't work. I have requested her a bazillion times and then it says pending and then it disappears. I also have gotten the following email message sent to me after I try to add her:

<$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2

I have no idea what this means. Is it a setting on her phone or my phone? She is able to add me as a contact but I can't add her. She has been able to add her other friends too. Is it on my end? There is no PIN request option anywhere. I have even tried to delete her as a contact and re-add her. It still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!! Do you think I should go to the Sprint store? Do you think they can help with this issue? I am paying for a service that I can't get. She can initiate a conversation but as soon as I close that conversation I can't write to her through blackberry messenger. PLEASE HELP!!
    08-17-08 10:14 AM
    One other quick note. My sister-in-law did get a new blackberry phone but she was still able to add her other friends to messenger. She has me as a contact as well but I am the only one who can't add her to mine.
    08-17-08 10:19 AM
    NOPE doesn't work!! I have done all of those things!! I have a Blackberry Pearl. I once had my sister-in-law as a contact on blackberry messenger. She is no longer a contact and I cannot add her. I have entered her PIN and email address and still to no avail it doesn't work. I have requested her a bazillion times and then it says pending and then it disappears. I also have gotten the following email message sent to me after I try to add her:

<$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2

I have no idea what this means. Is it a setting on her phone or my phone? She is able to add me as a contact but I can't add her. She has been able to add her other friends too. Is it on my end? There is no PIN request option anywhere. I have even tried to delete her as a contact and re-add her. It still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!! Do you think I should go to the Sprint store? Do you think they can help with this issue? I am paying for a service that I can't get. She can initiate a conversation but as soon as I close that conversation I can't write to her through blackberry messenger. PLEASE HELP!!
    it will work on a 8130 like i told you i have one and just tryed it again you have to set the persons name and pin number into your contact book just like you do for any other person that you store into your contact book. now you pull up the persons name that you want to pin on the lrft side of your display in the menu button open the menu and then you will have opsions like sms / mms / email / and pin message now you send that person a pin message they will have to accept you as messenger friend and from then on that person will be in your messenger contacts list.
    08-17-08 12:03 PM
    Okay this is very frustrating. I can send a direct PIN message. That works fine. I CANNOT add a contact because there is NO PIN REQUEST. MY options do not include SMS/MMS/EMAIL/PIN. I have been through this several times. The only option to add a contact is through email and I have tried that at least 15 times and the contact remains pending for 5 minutes and then disappears. Maybe you are not understanding that it doesn't work. I don't have those options you speak of. The Sprint store is closed today. I have no idea if this issue has to do with my sister-in-law's phone or mine. I have researched this issue for 2 days now with no success. I am starting to think that no one has the answer.
    08-17-08 02:36 PM
    Here is what you do. You said that she got a new Berry so that means she has a NEW PIN number. Get her new PIN NUMBER then you'll be set!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 02:42 PM
    I did that!! I am very smart to figure these things out on my own but that method didn't work and I am so puzzled!!
    08-17-08 02:57 PM
    Okay, I was doing something wrong. When I went to add a contact I was clicking on my sister-in-law's name instead of it just highlighting and pressing the menu key. I finally saw the option to request email or request pin. Whenever I try to add her either by request email or PIN it says she is already a contact. What does this mean? She no longer shows up as pending. What should I do? Should I be deleting her PIN and email address to add her? I am now more confused!! At least I finally figured out where the request PIN and Email is. Remember I am already her contact. And I ended out current conversation on BB Messenger so I can no longer initiate conversation. What are the next steps?
    08-17-08 04:03 PM
    Now it is saying that my sister-in-law is already a contact but yet she hasn't shown up as one of my contacts. This is getting crazy!! I have tried everything. I have added her by PIN, I have added her by email and nothing works. I guess I have to go to Sprint. No one can help me here but thanks for everyone trying to help me!!
    08-17-08 08:04 PM
    Okay, I was doing something wrong. When I went to add a contact I was clicking on my sister-in-law's name instead of it just highlighting and pressing the menu key. I finally saw the option to request email or request pin. Whenever I try to add her either by request email or PIN it says she is already a contact. What does this mean? She no longer shows up as pending. What should I do? Should I be deleting her PIN and email address to add her? I am now more confused!! At least I finally figured out where the request PIN and Email is. Remember I am already her contact. And I ended out current conversation on BB Messenger so I can no longer initiate conversation. What are the next steps?
    it sounds like you didn't fellow my directions about the menu ? does she have a new pin ? she must already be in your address book from what you are saying. if she has a new pin edit her info in your address book and change the pin.

it will work on a 8130 like i told you i have one and just tryed it again you have to set the persons name and pin number into your contact book
    just like you do for any other person that you store into your contact book. now you pull up the persons name that you want to pin on the left side of your display in the menu button open the menu and then you will have options like sms / mms / email / and pin message now you send that person a pin message they will have to accept you as messenger friend and from then on that person will be in your messenger contacts list.
    08-17-08 08:09 PM
    i am having same prpblem----I am not given a choice to add PIN number just email----HELP!
    08-17-08 08:13 PM
    If she has you as a BBM contact, then all you should need to do is call her, tell her to message you, then she should show up on yours. If that doesn't work, then have her delete you, then one of you add the other. It's not necessary for each of you to add the other.
    08-17-08 08:14 PM
    i am having same prpblem----I am not given a choice to add PIN number just email----HELP!
    Once you get to the "Use Once", don't click it, Highlight it, hit menu, select "request by PIN".
    08-17-08 08:16 PM
    Once you get to the "Use Once", don't click it, Highlight it, hit menu, select "request by PIN".
    WOW--thanks works like a charm when you do it right!
    08-17-08 08:22 PM
    I have done all of this. I have my sister-in-law's most current PIN number in my phone. I Have her email and PIN as a contact. I try to add her now and it says she is already a contact but yet doesn't show up as a contact. I cannot initiate conversation but she can contact me. If I end our current conversation I will not be allowed to send her a BB message. That is what is so frustrating so I am leaving the conversation open. I already had her delete me as a contact and we started from scratch and she was able to add me but I was not able to add her. I have followed everyone's suggestions and directions and norhing has worked. I highlighted the "Use Once" and hit the menu key and I typed in her PIN number and it says she is already a contact. I have tried it all. She just doesn't show up as a contact to send a BB message to. So frustrating!!!
    08-17-08 08:24 PM
    Just gonna throw an idea out there - did you happen to change her display name in BBM? Might be why you can't see her. Look through your contacts one by one, highlight the name, hit Menu, select Contact Info. Look for her PIN that way.
    08-17-08 08:30 PM
    i spoke too soon---I am trying to add someone by email. they are showing as pending. on my contact list it says 4 out of 5 (I only have 4 contacts and 1 pending) what does this mean?

I think this is same problem OP has.
    Last edited by envied; 08-17-08 at 08:43 PM.
    08-17-08 08:37 PM
    I have my sister-in-law's PIN number. That is not an issue for me. She is just not listed under my BB messenger contacts. It says she is already a contact everytime I try to add her.
    08-17-08 08:43 PM
    I have my sister-in-law's PIN number. That is not an issue for me. She is just not listed under my BB messenger contacts. It says she is already a contact everytime I try to add her.
    That's not what I meant. Since it says she's already a contact, I was think that doing that might locate her in your BBM contacts.
    08-17-08 08:45 PM
    I don't really understand. She is in my address book with her phone number, email address, and PIN number. I didn't change her display name that I know of. I know originally she was listed under just her first name but now I have her first and last name. But that shouldn't make a difference. I can't even add other people either. I don't really care about other people. I just want to add my sister-in-law. And she is still not listed under BBM contacts.
    08-17-08 08:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD