ok, so i have tried to do the right thing... click on add a contact, pull up my contact list, click on my friend (and i have her PIN and email in there) and it says ok. but she hasnt gotten anything yet. Did the same thing on her phone, i havent' received anything.
    if i try to punch in her email after i click on 'use once' somehow it puts me in the bb messenger 'pending' list and it sends me the email invite. what is going on??
    12-14-07 09:50 AM
    I had the same problem when I try to use BB Messenger, and I do have all kinds of plans with T-Mobile.
    I could not figure out what the problem was so I finally gave up.
    12-14-07 09:55 AM
    well, once i did get hooked up in BB messenger w a buddy of mine. he sent me an invite to my email acct. it worked like a charm. sadly, the relationship ended and i cannot add anyone new...
    i need to figure this out. im planning on going in to my tmobile store and let them play w my phone...
    12-14-07 09:59 AM
    1. Open BlackBerry Pin Messenger...
    2. Menu / Add Contact
    3. Scroll to the top...
    4. Select 'Use Once'
    5. Press Menu / Request by Pin
    6. Enter Pin, etc, etc...

Also, make sure that the name you choose for yourself does not have spaces and funny characters (especially on Pearls). Doing so will cause issues adding other members...
    12-14-07 10:06 AM
    1. Open BlackBerry Pin Messenger...
    2. Menu / Add Contact
    3. Scroll to the top...
    4. Select 'Use Once'
    5. Press Menu / Request by Pin
    6. Enter Pin, etc, etc...

Also, make sure that the name you choose for yourself does not have spaces and funny characters (especially on Pearls). Doing so will cause issues adding other members...
    after i click on 'use once' it goes to a screen that says 'email:'. if i press menu, it pulls up paste/call vm/ enable multitap/change lang/cancel, etc... no option to choose request by pin...

why is this so difficult, why, why, why???
    12-14-07 10:16 AM
    Wait, wait! You do have a data plan, right? Try a battery pull, and then try again...
    12-14-07 10:27 AM
    Wait, wait! You do have a data plan, right? Try a battery pull, and then try again...
    y, i have a data plan... tried the battery pull and it didn't fix the problem...
    what's next??
    12-14-07 10:38 AM
    Highlight "use once" - don't click it. hit menu, select "request by PIN"
    12-14-07 12:42 PM
    my partner and i have been using bb messenger for years ... until today
    suddenly our names were no longer in each other contact list (they are still in address book).
    and now, when we are adding contact names, the invite goes out and after we accept it, contact info changes to "status: pending (waiting for authorization)"
    no matter what we try, no matter how many time we accept an invitation, status stays as pending.

HELP !!!
    12-18-07 05:43 PM
    after i click on 'use once' it goes to a screen that says 'email:'. if i press menu, it pulls up paste/call vm/ enable multitap/change lang/cancel, etc... no option to choose request by pin...

why is this so difficult, why, why, why???
    You don't 'click' on use once, when you scroll to use once you hit the menu button instead of clicking on it and in the list that comes up there will be an option to add by email and an option to add by PIN.

Also, I know you have said that you have a data plan but I'm assuming that the person you are trying to add also has a data plan? If not then they will not get the request at all.
    12-19-07 04:02 AM
    I have the same problem, it seems like its only between cirten carriers or just between cirten pins. I had my girlfriend as a pin contact before but I saw hoe she disappear from my BB msn contact list, and after that we could add eachother once, then the same thing happened again, and now we cant add eachother again, it just stays on pending, and she never gets my invite, not with pin and not with mail.
    07-28-09 05:34 PM
    Might be due to your company's BB policy if you're on BES. Check out this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ad...g-help-272753/
    07-29-09 02:08 PM
    Let me preface this. I hate blackberries, I work on the BIS side and I use android FTW. This is part of the reason why. Most likely you do not have a BIS setup. Call your provider and have them setup the bis in the admin tool, then validate all of your E-mail addresses again, follow by a battery pull and you are good to go. BB FAIL again, who would have guessed.
    09-02-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD