Hi there... I've tried an extensive search, but couldn't find anything of value and that's why I'm putting this post in.

Leading up to a few weeks ago, I had no issues sending photos to either bbm, email, mms, etc... But then all of the sudden I am not able to...

From BBM - when I open up a conversation with one of my contact and press the bb logo button to bring up the menu, it gives me the Send>Picture option. when I choose this it brings me to the picture folders. I select a photo to send, but it just opens the photo just like I was viewing it. It doesn't give me the option to attach to send to my bbm contact.

SMS/MMS - The same thing... When I select the Attach>Picture, same outcome as what's happening to my BBM...

Email - Same thing again when I use the Attach>Picture method... However, when I use the Attach>File and then select the photo this route it actually works and attachs the photo into the email.

From the Pictures Folder - There used to be an option to send in the menus, but it's not there anymore. I compared it to my wifes phone who has the 9780 as well, and she has the Send To option in the menus...

Here's the details of my blackberry: Bold 9780, OS v6.0.0.285

I compared the settings of my phone to my wife's phone and all settings are identical...

Here's the strange part... I did a full wipe this morning and did not use the "restore" at all... So basically my bold is like out of the box... I added a few contacts to my BBM and I was able to send pictures with no problem... But then all of the sudden, the issue came back...

Does anyone have any insight or resolution to this???

HELP!

Thanks!
    02-07-11 01:20 PM
    Someone please reply, I'm having the exact same problem.
    02-16-11 12:33 PM
    Nevermind, solved the problem man. Go into settings, securtity, encryption, and down at the bottom uncheck encrypt if its checked. Then,go back to the media home (where it has the icons for music, videos, pictures, etc.), press menu, go to explore, media card, blackberry, camera, copy the picture you're trying to send and go back to device, home, user, pictures, and paste it in there. Then from there go back to media, picture library, then send it. What sucks is that all the picture you've taken/ downloaded before have to have this done if you want to send them also. BUT be sure to delete them after you send them unless you want to overload you're device memory. Hope this helps. It did for me.
    02-16-11 01:50 PM
    I had this problem as well. Went away when I upgraded the OS from 285 to 448.
    02-19-11 02:41 AM
    I had a similar issue on my Torch. Turned out the SIM card i was using was many years old. A new SIM card made it all work perfect.

My issue was i didn't even have an option to change the size of photos as attachments and the resulting image that got sent looked like crap.
    02-19-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD