I've updated my 9900 to the lastest leak, everything is working great, but I cannot restore my bbm by email. I don't have it back up on my dm, only through email. Bbm detected my email address then it said "cannot send validation, make sure your email is valid"....

Any idea why? And how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jdaclutch; 10-30-11 at 11:08 PM.
    10-30-11 08:23 PM
    S.O.S please?
    10-31-11 01:55 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue with all 4 addresses myself now...weird.
    10-31-11 02:04 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue with all 4 addresses myself now...weird.
    after you reinstall new os, make sure to format built-in storage. Problem solved! Took me a while to figure this out.
    10-31-11 11:35 AM
    Anytime you update the OS or BBM I'd suggest you recheck the email registration. I've found it not registered far too many times. I'd also suggest you use at least two forms of backup, email is my favorite, but I also have it store to my SD, regularly backup to DM and use BB Protect.

@jdaclutch - Not sure what formatting the built-in storage would do to help. Could you explain?
    10-31-11 11:52 AM
    Anytime you update the OS or BBM I'd suggest you recheck the email registration. I've found it not registered far too many times. I'd also suggest you use at least two forms of backup, email is my favorite, but I also have it store to my SD, regularly backup to DM and use BB Protect.

@jdaclutch - Not sure what formatting the built-in storage would do to help. Could you explain?
    After several attempts of reinstalling the new os, I've noticed that wiping system using both bbsak and on the phone do not erase old datas on the built-in storage. So I came up with a theory that maybe the old datas that are stored on the built-in storage is conflicting with the new os, that's why i'm not getting the validation email from bbm(I thought there might be an issue with email registration, but I've sent myself an email from my one email to another, and I had no problem receiving it). After I formatted the built-in storage twice then used the repair memory function as well, I was able to receive validation email from bbm and restoring contacts on it as well.

I might be wrong, but this method works on my 9900. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to backup my bbm contacts on bb protect from now on.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-31-11 07:00 PM
    After several attempts of reinstalling the new os, I've noticed that wiping system using both bbsak and on the phone do not erase old datas on the built-in storage. So I came up with a theory that maybe the old datas that are stored on the built-in storage is conflicting with the new os, that's why i'm not getting the validation email from bbm(I thought there might be an issue with email registration, but I've sent myself an email from my one email to another, and I had no problem receiving it). After I formatted the built-in storage twice then used the repair memory function as well, I was able to receive validation email from bbm and restoring contacts on it as well.

I might be wrong, but this method works on my 9900. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to backup my bbm contacts on bb protect from now on.
    Pretty sure that was mere coincidence, but ya never know......

If anyone tries this and has stuff stored on the built-in storage, PLEASE, back it up first.
    11-01-11 03:16 PM
    11-01-11 03:58 PM
    where do i go to format the built in storage? ive looked for it but i cant find it.
    11-03-11 04:00 PM
    where do i go to format the built in storage? ive looked for it but i cant find it.
    Options->Storage->menu key->Format->Built-In

I cannot emphasize enough, reformatting will delete anything you currently have stored there. Permanently! Back it up first!!!!!!
    11-03-11 04:15 PM
    so i had the same problem and i was able to fix it by deleting the blackberry messenger from my phone and re-installing it, then i entered a name instead of going to restore contact list. Once i was in the blackberry messenger (which has no contacts) then i went to options and restore and was able to get all my contacts back.
    11-03-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD