Hi all,

So, after two weeks of trying everything out, I still can't get this working. Story is this:

I went back to the Phils for a couple of weeks vacation where I registered my blackberry to a local service provider for data services. Everything was working fine.

Flew back to Dubai and used my usual local carrier and everything seemed okay. Then I discovered that I cannot receive the BBMs of my friends from the Phils. I can send messages to them, but cannot receive their replies.

Here are the things I've done to try and remedy the problem thus far:
    1. Upgraded my BBM to the current version
    2. After backing up my BBM contacts, I deleted the affected contacts (from Phils) and (a) asked them to add me again and (b) invited them myself (both failed)
    3. Deleted the entire BBM and reinstalled it again then restored the back up of the contacts.
    4. Upgraded my OS from 4.0 to 5.0

Nothing worked. I can receive and send messages to my friends in all other countries including Dubai and it's working fine.

Can someone please help me? I'm at my wits' end and there's nothing else I could think of.

Thank you in advance!
    08-17-10 04:11 AM
    does all your other BIS data seem to work right? try resending your service books.
    08-17-10 05:31 AM
    hi.. thanks. and yes, everything else works just fine. i just resent my service books. it still isn't working.
    08-17-10 05:58 AM
    i would check with your carrier to make sure everything is properly set back up on their side. or maybe the previous carriers service books are stuck in your phone and preventing BBM from working correctly. i would try calling your carrier, maybe have them reset your BIS data.
    08-17-10 07:54 AM
    hi got the same problem i get it on and off i bbm to malta and some time dont recieve or they dont recive i find its manly the other persons phone tell them to pull battery and sim out it should work good luck
    08-19-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD