10-13-10 07:41 AM
33 12
tools
    Hey guys,

if the straight battery pull doesn't work for you and you don't want to go to all the trouble of doing a delete and reinstall of bbm follow these instructions:

Eliminate all ignored contacts in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select OPTIONS search ignored Contacts, then click EDIT, tick all PIN contacts and click OK. (Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES (i didn't follow this ALT lglg step because i had no clue what it meant).

Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card. After that reinstall your battery without the sim card. Let your BlackBerry Handheld loading WITHOUT sim card. Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, youll see whats causing BBM messenger stuck and invisible.
    Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld. Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.
    After you open it and there is a notification again, its usually true a new message.

This worked for me and i found these instructions on this website
    (How to Delete BBM Notification Icon Stuck on the homescreen? @ Tutorial - Talking about Gadget and Computer Freak) after searching these forums and the best advice i could find was to do a battery pull or delete and reinstall bbm.
    05-30-10 11:35 PM
    This issue is caused by ignored contacts.

To remedy:

Go in to your BBM
    Click on the blackberry key and select options from the list
    Then scroll down to ignored contacts (if you dont have any ignored contacts you will not be able to find the menu item)
    then edit them and remove them from the ignored list.

After a battery pull the request will show up in your BBM and i just decline them now, because every time the person sends a request it add to the unread bbm icon.... I had 6 from the same *****.

Good Luck!!
    Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 09:50 AM
    Thanks clint that fixed the issue i appreciate your help.
    06-10-10 09:43 AM
    This issue is caused by ignored contacts.

To remedy:

Go in to your BBM
    Click on the blackberry key and select options from the list
    Then scroll down to ignored contacts (if you dont have any ignored contacts you will not be able to find the menu item)
    then edit them and remove them from the ignored list.

After a battery pull the request will show up in your BBM and i just decline them now, because every time the person sends a request it add to the unread bbm icon.... I had 6 from the same *****.

Good Luck!!
    This worked perfectly. Thanks for the solution... *thumbs up*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 04:17 PM
    The info briana330 had worked for me. I had recently "ignored" a request and that is was started the problem. I guess you can't ignore people now?!?
    08-26-10 10:26 AM
    I had this same issue. What mine was, was someone trying to add me that i'd already deleted and ignored, but it came thru on my screen. I had to remove all the PINs off ignore and then it showed up, so I could once again decline it. lol Then the symbol went away!
    08-26-10 10:28 AM
    just backup the contact and restore them no need to delete the bbm
    08-28-10 09:15 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Eliminate all ignored contacts in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select OPTIONS search ignored Contacts, then click EDIT, tick all PIN contacts and click OK.
    (Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

2. After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES.
    Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card.After that reinstall your battery without the sim card.
    Let your BlackBerry Handheld restart without sim card.Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, youll see whats causing BBM messenger notification.

3. Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld.
    Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.
    10-13-10 07:41 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD