10-13-10 06:41 AM
33 12
tools
    I know you have to roam through all of your bbms and find the orange/unread arrow/message.

Ive gone through EVERY contact and convo and cant find anything unread.
    The icon is driving me nuts...any other way to get rid of it?
    12-23-09 12:02 PM
    I know you have to roam through all of your bbms and find the orange/unread arrow/message.

Ive gone through EVERY contact and convo and cant find anything unread.
    The icon is driving me nuts...any other way to get rid of it?

So are you sure its the BBM notification then?
    12-23-09 12:06 PM
    Do a battery pull, simple....
    12-23-09 12:27 PM
    I am having same problem. Battery pull doesnt work. Any more advice.
    12-25-09 06:24 PM
    Anyone figure out how to solve this problem? I have done two battery pulls and the indicator icon is still there. And no, I have no friend requests, new messages, updates or groups. Any ideas?
    01-10-10 05:49 PM
    i got the same problem 2 times in 2 weeks the first time it said i had 3 new messages and then second time it said i had 1 new message and id do lots of battery pulls and while the phone is booting up itll vibrate and say i still have that bbm message it is very annoying. i deleted bbm 2 times to make it stop lol but i think itll come back again
    01-10-10 06:53 PM
    i've had the same problem and can't get it to go away...i have a persistent bbm icon in the ribbon. it doesn't have a notifier * on it, mind you, so the phantom message isn't new...what exactly is the point then? i mean, so what if you didn't happen to scroll over and make the orange triangle turn white. RIM seriously messed up on this one.
    01-12-10 01:45 AM
    Do y'all have .57?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 01:37 AM
    yes i do have .57
    01-14-10 03:15 AM
    Same thing happening to me. Battery pulls - not working. Deleting and reinstalling - not working. Mine is up to 10 new messages, but I have nothing new! Ever so often the number keeps increasing - but no new messages. Its incredibly annoying.

Any breakthroughs?
    01-19-10 12:37 PM
    Any breakthroughs?
    Reinstall .33
    01-19-10 02:09 PM
    I never had this issue before. Well it did manifest., but I either found the missing msg, or a batt pull resolved it.

This time, it's been a week, and no luck. It's still there...1 viewed (IE there's no red Star) Unread BBM msg. WTF.
    02-05-10 09:30 PM
    yeah man, where ya been. .57 has this problem. delete it and reinstall .33
    02-05-10 09:32 PM
    Well...it never presented without a quick solution so I never had an issue with it.
    02-06-10 04:04 AM
    After a week., this is how I fixed it:

1-backed up contacts inside BBM.
    2-Deleted the app.
    3-reinstalled the same latest .57
    4-Ran the app., restored contacts. Scrolled down and got a chuckle when I saw no groups there, so figured oh well., but then a few seconds later, I scrolled back up and in the 'pending' notifications section it said 'recovering x groups'. Very impressed.

Yay.
    02-06-10 08:48 AM
    After a week., this is how I fixed it:

1-backed up contacts inside BBM.
    2-Deleted the app.
    3-reinstalled the same latest .57
    4-Ran the app., restored contacts. Scrolled down and got a chuckle when I saw no groups there, so figured oh well., but then a few seconds later, I scrolled back up and in the 'pending' notifications section it said 'recovering x groups'. Very impressed.

Yay.
    Did this permanently solve your problem or has it returned?
    02-06-10 03:58 PM
    It has not recurred, so I'm happy.

No phantom unread icon. Mission Accompli
    02-06-10 05:35 PM
    It has not recurred, so I'm happy.

No phantom unread icon. Mission Accompli
    May I ask how long it's been since you fixed it?
    02-06-10 06:03 PM
    May I ask how long it must be before you stop gettin' up in my Bizznatch? LOL .

The timeline should be clear as day. The post in this thread are very clear what the timeline is. 2.5days now teeeheee.
    02-07-10 03:51 PM
    This issue is caused by ignored contacts.

To remedy:

Go in to your BBM
    Click on the blackberry key and select options from the list
    Then scroll down to ignored contacts (if you dont have any ignored contacts you will not be able to find the menu item)
    then edit them and remove them from the ignored list.

After a battery pull the request will show up in your BBM and i just decline them now, because every time the person sends a request it add to the unread bbm icon.... I had 6 from the same *****.

Good Luck!!
    04-02-10 02:54 PM
    Woohoo! thanks ClintRo!

you saved my insanity! it worked like a charm...!
    04-19-10 01:09 PM
    Have you checked your Message box(the one listing alll messages and convos)
    I had a similar problem and I almost went f_ing Insane and all it was an unopend message in that folder....im not sure why it does this for only some convos but it does it. so just scrole threw and find the Culprate
    04-19-10 01:20 PM
    Sean,

In this case it is a bug in the BBM app.
    04-19-10 01:55 PM
    I tried all of the above and NOTHING. Ive deleted my messages, unblocked ignored users, battery pulls NOTHING! that bbm icon is going to drive me batty!!!
    04-19-10 02:22 PM
    Did you try clearing the bbm database? plug your bb into your PC. Run DM. under backup restore go to advanced. select the bbm database and clear it.

BEFORE you do this, make a backup of your contacts!!!!!

After you clear the database, restore your contacts via email and voila!!!! No more phantom icon!

It worked for me...
    04-19-10 05:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD