Hi everyone.
    So I just upgraded my Curve 8320 to the newest OS v4.5.0.163, but for some reason I cannot upgrade to the new bbm 5. I do not have web browsing on my Curve only email so I emailed the link to my phone to download bbm 5 and then opened it up through my wifi connection. Everything was working well until it said "Download Failed", when I click on details it says "907 Invalid COD Unable to import ZIP file". Is there any other way I can download the new bbm 5??

Thanks,
    Rosalyn.
    Last edited by rozzy9; 10-04-09 at 12:14 PM.
    10-04-09 12:02 PM
    you need to have a data plan on your phone in order to use BBM...i woud think if you dont have internet you won't be able to use bbm.
    10-04-09 12:23 PM
    I have the partial data plan that includes BBM and email just not browser.
    10-04-09 12:39 PM
    CB friends I am having the same problem and I DO have a full data plan.

Also...what is the latest version of BBM5 that will work on an 8320 with .163 installed? Admittedly, I was trying to install (the most likely way outdated) 5.0.0.8!

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,
    10-04-09 12:44 PM
    There's a link on crackberry... under "How To Install BBM 5 When Not Recognized by Desktop Manager...

I followed the instructions from there and still nothing... so disappointing
    10-04-09 01:03 PM
    5.0.0.8 is the current BBM5 leaked version from what I've seen. There have been rumors about a new version but nothing ever materialized.

By the way, if *everything* else fails, you can download BBM 5 to the computer, unzip it, find where your folder for .163 or your favorite OS is, copy the new .cod files into the appropriate place in that folder and then reinstall your OS. It should then natively have BBM5 on it to start.

Don't do that unless you've got an idea of what you're doing. . I'll not be held responsible if anything goes badly. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-04-09 at 03:49 PM.
    10-04-09 03:44 PM
    5.0.0.8 is the current BBM5 leaked version from what I've seen. There have been rumors about a new version but nothing ever materialized.

By the way, if *everything* else fails, you can download BBM 5 to the computer, unzip it, find where your folder for .163 or your favorite OS is, copy the new .cod files into the appropriate place in that folder and then reinstall your OS. It should then natively have BBM5 on it to start.

Don't do that unless you've got an idea of what you're doing. . I'll not be held responsible if anything goes badly. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I also tried this and for some odd reason when I go to reload the OS it doesn't recognize BBM right away on the desktop manager. So I tried to add it myself but then it says something like "this application cannot be used". So it won't allow me to add it on... I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I follow the instructions from Crackberry...
    10-04-09 06:29 PM
    you cant install an OTA link for BBM through wifi on your hotspot browser. it needs to be downloaded through your internet browser over the EDGE network.

your only way to install is to follow the link in my sig, and install it through DM by replacing the existing BBM cod files with the BBM5 ones from the zip file. its a pain, but works.
    10-04-09 06:46 PM
    Awesome thanks so much, I finally got it to work! I placed the cod files in the wrong spot at first which was why it wasn't working before.
    10-04-09 06:57 PM
    i have a question i have a blackberry curve 8330 on telus running 4.5.0.169 can i just run the bbm5.0.alx through the desktop manager without copying the cod files
    10-04-09 06:59 PM
    I don't think it will work... you need the cod files I believe to run the contents of the program.
    10-04-09 07:18 PM
    i have a question i have a blackberry curve 8330 on telus running 4.5.0.169 can i just run the bbm5.0.alx through the desktop manager without copying the cod files
    i replied to this post somewhere else in the forum.....hmmm. no you need all of the files for this to work. isnt that kinda a no brainer? how would you expect it to work without its necessary files?
    10-04-09 07:46 PM
    i personally think bbm5 isn't ready for prime time.

i have two 8320 curves, one was running 4.5.0.124, the other was on 4.5.0.161. back when bbm5 leaked (5.0.0.8) i was never able to gracefully install it on either phone. on the 161 i tried going back and forth from the stock bbm to the leak, eventually it worked. on the 124 i tried on and off for 2 days, eventually i decided to "streamline" the leak into the os folder, hack the alx if needed, and then re-install the 124 os. it worked.

when bbm5 was released (5.0.0.33) i decided to use the normal link to install it (not appworld). it worked on both phones perfectly.

i had been waiting to try os 4.5.0.163 for weeks because i wanted to wait until bbm5 was released officially by rim with working OTA installers. once i saw bbm official work flawlessly i decided to replace my 161 with 163.

bad idea.

it's been two days of **** and i've tried everything imaginable to get it working. i've tried the OTA installers and told it to replace the old modules... it puts the cods in place but when i restart there is no icon anywhere and it isn't running in the task switcher. i tried installing the os without bbm at all so the OTA wouldn't have to overwrite old modules, didn't work. i re-installed os 163 with bbm installed and tried appworld instead of OTA, no luck. then i installed 163 without bbm and then tried appworld, again, no love. i also tried streamlining it and then re-installing the os so 5.0.0.33 would be installed with the os... all the files were there, but it wouldn't run and there was no home screen icon. i tried a custom alx file with the 5.0.0.33 cod files, never worked. i tried using application loader and the dm loader, no luck. i've tried manually loading (mcp) the cod files for different bbm versions. *sigh*

i am pretty much resigned to the idea that i will never be able to get it working. i hate even trying really because once i attempt it i can never get the stock version of bbm to work either.

grr...
    Last edited by sgt-d; 10-10-09 at 05:29 PM.
    10-10-09 05:23 PM
    i just found all 11 cod files and added them into the os folder and the alx file. i did another os install with bbm5 official streamlined. it failed on net_rim_bb_qm_lib_barcode.cod so i removed it and installed the os again. the second attempt failed on net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib.cod. so i removed that and installed again. after reboot: no home screen icon and no running bbm. i then manually put the 2 mentioned cod's on the device and rebooted. advanced options showed only 9 modules, so i ran the OTA (from the blackberry site, not appworld) and rebooted, now all 11 modules showed as being loaded. after reboot: no home screen icon, no running bbm.

*sigh*
    10-10-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD