Another thing that is VERY vague online that i cant put my finger on

Bought a blackberry storm 2 supposedly as brand new never used in october 2009. Trying to setup email on it but its already been activated. Contacted old user of the phone who is messing about and wont help me delete it.

What are my options now APART from selling the phone and APART from doing a complete hard reset of the device?

Thanks
    05-21-10 10:37 AM
    The last user has to go into his BIS account & delete the mail from there which will delete it from the BB. You can't do this unless he tells you his BIS user name & password.
    You can set up email on the phone going through your provider & asking them to set up a BIS account for you so you can add your email account.
    That is if I'm understanding your problem....
    Because you say it's "already been activated" which sounds like to me that he didn't release the phones PIN number from his provider when he sold it so you could use it.
    I hope I answered your question/s & if not then please let us know..
    05-21-10 10:13 PM
    The last user has to go into his BIS account & delete the mail from there which will delete it from the BB. You can't do this unless he tells you his BIS user name & password.
    You can set up email on the phone going through your provider & asking them to set up a BIS account for you so you can add your email account.
    That is if I'm understanding your problem....
    Because you say it's "already been activated" which sounds like to me that he didn't release the phones PIN number from his provider when he sold it so you could use it.
    I hope I answered your question/s & if not then please let us know..
    He wont release username and password, and ive emailed vodafone uk who emailed me back regarding this and they said they need personal info to delete it, asked for the real user to email them back and voda uk will call them to delete the account. Ive emailed the info the the original user and he will not send the simple email to them to resolve this issue.

What is a BIS account? whats it stand for? so he will not do it, i have no option what so ever to delete the account off my bb? i have no other option to add my email account to my bb because the previous user has used it himself. This is daft. My provider should see ive been using the phone for 8 months or so and therefore declare it my phone so can then go ahead to contact the previous provider to get the accoutn deleted. Relying on the previous owner of the phone is a rubbish system because half the time people dont want to help. Therefore im missing a major feature on a expensive phone because of a lazy previous owner.

Sorry rant over lol
    05-21-10 10:55 PM
    BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Can you call your carrier to set up a BIS account so you can get email on the phone? Just ignore the email account that's on there? Are they willing to go that far?
    And rant all you want too. It's people like this that make me grit my teeth. Totally unfair to you.
    I wish I knew how to help more but I don't.
    Maybe someone will come along & be able to help you more than I am..
    Good Luck!
    05-21-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD