Hubby and I installed this program to use when he's in Germany and my battery life has cut in half since.

How do I shut this blasted thing off until I need it?
    03-02-10 04:09 PM
    backup contacts and uninstall would be easiest.....
    03-02-10 04:12 PM
    What OS are you running? Never heard of any BBM issues with battery life unless you are constantly messaging your husband then the battery will drain. There is no way to turn it off, you will have to delete it. Forgot to mention one last thing, did you do a battery pull after installing BBM?
    03-02-10 04:13 PM
    group notifications kill my battery.....
    03-02-10 04:25 PM
    Yep, BBM shouldn't be impacting your battery life. Not sure a battery pull will help with that, but it certainly won't hurt.
    03-02-10 04:29 PM
    Most likely what is draining your battery faster is USING BBM. You're probably typing more since downloading BlackBerry Messenger. Having the backlight on drains the battery. Try setting your backlight lower, and getting in the habit of putting your device in standby mode when you set it down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 04:38 PM
    Thanks for the tips everyone. He doesn't leave for Germany until the end of the month but we got them set up early to make sure they work. Once he's back from his trip, I'll uninstall it.

We're still using 4.7 OS as we are on Verizon.

Thanks again!
    03-03-10 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD