hi i would like to know can we receive bbm on EDGE while on a call
    am on du network
    09-10-11 06:31 PM
    nope the only way this will happen on edge while on a call is to be on wifi. gsm network will only do this in 3g mode or higher
    09-10-11 07:18 PM
    Only in 3G mode, not in EDGE (2G) mode, unless you are connected to a wifi hotspot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 11:03 PM
    but on wifi bbm dosnt work
    09-11-11 10:18 AM
    but on wifi bbm dosnt work
    Do you even have a blackberry specific data plan?

09-11-11 05:27 PM
    i hve full service social email browsing 10gb
    09-11-11 05:38 PM
    You don't have the whole data plan, maybe just the social thing that doesn't include all features. Talk to your carrier about adding the full data plan.
    09-11-11 05:51 PM
    bro i hve data plan
    09-12-11 05:26 AM
    So it should work on WIFI... Set WIFI and use BBM
    09-12-11 03:02 PM
    BBM cannot work on wifi unfortunately ... BBM is attached to a server through rim and can only be accessed with a BIS data plan. Only apps and web are be used with wifi.
    09-12-11 09:50 PM
    Social Plan isn't a full BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) plan. I've got that kind of service here where you can choose either Social, Business, or Full/Unlimited BIS. You can only use BBM through wi-fi you're subscribed to Unlimited BIS.

bro i hve data plan
    Data plan is different than BIS.

BBM cannot work on wifi unfortunately ... BBM is attached to a server through rim and can only be accessed with a BIS data plan. Only apps and web are be used with wifi.
    BBM can work using Wi-Fi as long as you're connected to BIS unlimited plan. To make sure, just now I switched off my carrier network connection and used only Wi-Fi to send BBM message to one of my friend. My message was delivered.
    09-13-11 03:52 AM
    As FusionCal stated, BBM will absolutely work through WiFi, but you need to have a BIS / BES plan. If you don't have a BB package on your account, you won't be able to use BBM no matter what. I've been in places where I have no cellular signal, and on wifi I can make phone calls, send emails and texts, and even BBM messages.

Yes, there are some apps that will work through wifi with no BIS / BES connection, but (as far as I know) all BB apps will take advantage of wifi if it's available.
    09-13-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD