My friends Tour he believes was hacked last night.
    Many of his contacts were deleted as well as BBM saved convos.
    The person also went into his BBM and held conversations with people while my friend was asleep, there for it wasn't him ...

Is this possible? I mean I believe him but seems a bit sketchy that someone could hack in and converse through his BBM.

Verizon told him it happens often and he could buy an app to protect his phone for $24 ...

Anyone else hear of this happening?

Thanks!
    05-11-10 08:45 AM
    Sounds kinda fishy - are you saying that he had his phone (physically) overnight, but someone was able to use his BBM remotely to hold conversations? I don't see how this is possible - isn't your BBM PIN tied directly to the phone, or can it be spoofed?

If your friend allowed his phone to be used by others who may have added spyware or other malware to it, then yes - it's possible. Otherwise I'd say there's something else going on. I'm no expert though.

Either way, this would be interesting if there were indeed security flaws.
    05-11-10 08:57 AM
    yeah apparently he went to sleep at 10:30, that was his last message to me on bbm. I messaged him at 12am and said I was home and then he talked nonsense for like 10 mins. and the this morning said it wasnt him, he was sleeping. but someone how other convos were started with other people that he didnt do ...

i dont know lol. i dont know how someone could hack bbm like that.
    05-11-10 09:18 AM
    sleep texting? slexting? lol
    05-11-10 09:50 AM
    yeah apparently he went to sleep at 10:30, that was his last message to me on bbm. I messaged him at 12am and said I was home and then he talked nonsense for like 10 mins. and the this morning said it wasnt him, he was sleeping. but someone how other convos were started with other people that he didnt do ...

i dont know lol. i dont know how someone could hack bbm like that.

Oh. I see.

My BS detector is pegged at 110% on this one. Megan, his phone didn't get hacked. Seriously. It's an excuse for something else. I'd bet a paycheck on it.
    05-11-10 10:17 AM
    I agree. Unless someone physically used his phone, there was no hacking. The most secure device doesn't get hacked like that. You can't just magically connect via BBM and take over someone's phone. It doesn't work like that.
    05-11-10 11:37 AM
    Ok see thats how I feel but I dont wanna just call him out as a liar ... like I did check with Verizon and they told me its possible bc its like a mini computer ... and like he's going with this story of how all his banking info is stored in his cell and such so hes changing everything now since it was hacked, and I dont know how one would now find out the truth bc say it really was a fluke thing and then I just assume he's bull****ting ... he would really have no reason to lie, nothing he said was horrible so its not like he NEEDS to cover it up lol.

thanks for the input everyone!
    05-11-10 12:05 PM
    its very unlikely his tour was hacked, people do text in their sleep, **** i sleep walk and have convos on the phone while im asleep, verizon will tell you that so you buy their magical $24 app that does squat, to hack someones BBM im certain someone would have to hack RIMS servers as all the traffic goes through there you would need phsical access to the handset, unless he had someone with him at the time.
    05-11-10 12:16 PM
    I have a hard time believing that this is the full story... with the way that the Blackberry is designed somebody remotely hacking his phone is impossible. I have to check about PIN spoofing tho.
    05-11-10 12:18 PM
    Ok maybe it was in his sleep. he said the convos were deleted he only got my last message which was one of annoyance and that I was going to sleep so this morning he asked me what I meant and so the convo wasnt even there. apparently whomever messaged other people too and then half his contacts were deleted.

I mean he was drinking and when I left was about to crash so I really dont believe he decided to drive drunk and suddenly got energy to stay up late.

this is just annoying lol.
    05-11-10 12:22 PM
    its more likely he was asleep megan, or he was that drunk he was half asleep and just cant remember, when im drunk i lock my phone away as i have a tendancy to call people and say things i dont mean and delete things that i shouldnt or attempt software upgrades which never works out right, honestly he was either to drunk and tired to remember or asleep it does happen, however BB hacking doesnt generally
    05-11-10 12:27 PM
    Ok maybe it was in his sleep. he said the convos were deleted he only got my last message which was one of annoyance and that I was going to sleep so this morning he asked me what I meant and so the convo wasnt even there. apparently whomever messaged other people too and then half his contacts were deleted.

I mean he was drinking and when I left was about to crash so I really dont believe he decided to drive drunk and suddenly got energy to stay up late.

this is just annoying lol.

Yeah, uh....
    05-11-10 12:34 PM
    Gullible much?

he was pulling a joke on you and it worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 12:56 PM
    lol sleep txt
    05-11-10 01:48 PM
    Unless your friend is a chief officer of a fortune 500 company, or a high ranking politician, I can't see any reason why a person (or group) would spend the resources necessary to hack into his blackberry. I'm not going to say it can't happen, but it's so unlikely that I really can't fathom a situation where this would be done.
    05-11-10 01:50 PM
    Ok thanks.

I can take drunk, I can ok maybe take sleep texting ... but I know it wasn't a joke.

I just needed to hear people say the things I was thinking so thanks. I really didnt think it was that easy to hack a Tour or BBM.
    05-11-10 03:20 PM
    Does your friend take Ambien? If he does, it's very possible that he doesn't remember doing any of the things he says....the drinking part is a big clue as well. I take it occasionally and have learned the next morning of entire text and phone conversations that I had and don't have any recollection of.
    05-11-10 03:30 PM
    Does your friend take Ambien? If he does, it's very possible that he doesn't remember doing any of the things he says....the drinking part is a big clue as well. I take it occasionally and have learned the next morning of entire text and phone conversations that I had and don't have any recollection of.
    Not that I know of. But like then just SAY that lol. Not create this entire story unless he really doesnt know he did it and believes his phone was hacked.

I dont know, just is so weird. Thats crazy about Ambien tho, I'd never want to take it.
    05-11-10 03:53 PM
    So it's a possibility that HE was hacked and not the phone?
    05-11-10 05:14 PM
    Dittos on the Ambien post. Either that or drunk/high and just making excuses for nonsense behavior.
    05-11-10 05:30 PM
    So it's a possibility that HE was hacked and not the phone?
    I agree. Does he have a kid you don't know about? Maybe he/she played with the phone.
    05-12-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD