I am on 6.0.0.650 for more than a week now, no problems.
    Last week I installed WhatsApp application, and from yesterday I suddenly cannot send pictures through BBM - it does not shrink the pictures anymore fo kilobytes, it stays in former size (megabytes), and I also cannot click on the icon SEND, while I can see it.
    I tried to uninstall WhatsApp + restart, no change.
    After that I reinstalled BBM (6.0.0.129) once more, no change...
    Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by blaikie; 09-22-11 at 06:08 AM.
    09-07-11 02:40 AM
    Confirmed. If a image is bigger than the max size it just won't send. If they are small enough it sends them.

I don't have WhatsApp so it is not related to the problem.

Could it be related to th 4.1 rollout?
    09-07-11 09:45 AM
    Confirmed. If a image is bigger than the max size it just won't send. If they are small enough it sends them.

I don't have WhatsApp so it is not related to the problem.

Could it be related to th 4.1 rollout?
    Strange, because it never happened before and I take (and save) pictures with highest resolution possible.
    The pictures were shrinked automatically and now they are not...
    09-07-11 09:59 AM
    Update - I realised that after each restart / battery pull it works for about 3 minutes, and after that the phone just does not shrink the poctures to be sent to another BBM contact...
    09-08-11 02:40 PM
    There are lots of current CB posts about problems with BBM 6 sending/not sending photos. Just for reference, I'm having a seeminly related but slightly different BBM6 issue than you -- I used to be able to select the resolution/file size of a photo I wanted to send through BBM, but now it just automatically reduces the image AND creates a duplicate image in my Photos folder that doesn't go away once the image has been sent. So for any pics I've sent through BBM I end up with the original photo file and a 2nd one in smaller resolution and file size. It's not a huge issue, I guess, but I've accidentally deleted some original photos when trying to delete the duplicates but getting mixed up. Also would still prefer to be able to send an original photo through BBM in instances where I want the recipient to have the full resolution version.

Follow up -- I just looked over all the BBM info on blackberry.com and it still says that photos/files up to 6MB can be sent through BBM, but I can't figure out how to send a non-auto-reduced photo through BBM any more. Would love any suggestions on doing so.
    Last edited by BBMINI; 09-09-11 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added 6MB file size info.
    09-09-11 05:12 PM
    Same freakin problem ! Just its only pictures in the cameras folder. Pre loaded pics or pics sent to you can still be sent just not pics just taken. And I've tried every size and "size doesn't matter ".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 07:57 PM
    Rollback to BBM 5 if you can do without BBM-integrated apps.
    09-18-11 11:38 AM
    Hi, it is really a BBM problem, even downgrade did not help.
    So I joined the BB Beta Zone and installed ver. 6.0.1.15 and the problem is solved!
    Well, in this version I cant add a voice note to a picture in BBM GROUPS, but thats a minor bug for me...
    09-22-11 06:07 AM
    I had this problem for like a week now and I finally found a fix.
    The problem was that BBM was not resizing the picture to a smaller size like it usually would, it was just sending the original >1mb picture, that's why you couldn't send it.
    Anyway, while I was trying to backup my contact list locally, my phone told me theres not enough space and I knew that not having enough space had to do with the sending picture issue. So I thought what if when bbm resizes a picture it saves it temporarily on the device memory and when theres no space on the device memory it can't resize? And then I went into file manager and deleted like 4mbs of data and I could send pictures again
    Lau.Pacheco likes this.
    10-15-11 02:04 PM
    Check out my message here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...20#post6773520

That might be your anwer?
    Lau.Pacheco likes this.
    10-18-11 08:31 AM
    Downgrade BBM v6 to v5!

I spent hours trying various suggestions posted all over the web regarding encryption, storage location, etc. Nothing worked. I found a thread here with a link to a .jad file to reinstall BBM v5 (replacing V6) wirelessly (OTA). Problem solved!

I have no idea if there's a bug in v6, or incompatibility with some phones (mine's a Curve 9360), or even a restriction from the carrier. Regardless, BBM v6 had to go.

Link http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ck-ota-634014/

Thanks BigBadWulf!!
    10-18-11 08:34 AM
    Have a look here at my post, I think that's the solution. It's similar to what others have posted (basically freeing up the 12BM device memory).

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...solved-661636/
    jeremyedler likes this.
    10-18-11 08:45 AM
    ok your right ! basicly you need to free up phone memory. so if you download junk all the time as i do then you will probably run into this problem eventually, thank you for the fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-20-11 07:25 PM
    I had this problem for like a week now and I finally found a fix.
    The problem was that BBM was not resizing the picture to a smaller size like it usually would, it was just sending the original >1mb picture, that's why you couldn't send it.
    Anyway, while I was trying to backup my contact list locally, my phone told me theres not enough space and I knew that not having enough space had to do with the sending picture issue. So I thought what if when bbm resizes a picture it saves it temporarily on the device memory and when theres no space on the device memory it can't resize? And then I went into file manager and deleted like 4mbs of data and I could send pictures again
    Hey thank's so much. it really works for me
    10-23-11 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD