I had a fight with my boyfriend a week ago. He's had his bb off since then. I know if i send bbms they dont show a "d" cause it's off but when i send a pin to him it comes back marked X - now I know that typically if someone deletes you from bbm they either disappear off your contact list OR you get a message saying you must re-invite them. I have had an experience recently where someone deleted me off bbm and i got neither. This person was a former business contact so no big deal but when i went to send a follow up message to them after Christmas...i got a check mark and no d or r so i called and found out they deleted all their biz contacts off bbm. I was surprised because i thought that you were notified if the person wasn't a contact anymore.

I have a bold 9700. So now i can't tell whether my boyfriend deleted me off bbm or he just hasnt turned his phone back on. Either way, my pin messages which i tested are coming back as X. Can someone please help me with this. How do i know?
    01-10-12 01:39 PM
    I know this doesn't answer your question technically, but if he isn't answering you, who cares. Dump him. His loss.

Sorry, but I don't know the real answer to your question.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-10-12 01:52 PM
    I agree. Don't waste your time worrying about technicalities. Either phone him to talk, or (if you have lots of messages already ignored) accept that he's ignoring you and move on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 03:00 PM
    How about giving him a call? That should pretty much give you some more information about the state of his phone (on or off). What about SMS? What do you see when you send him an SMS?

Remember, fights are there to be made up. Fight for you two being together if you really love him.
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 01-10-12 at 03:32 PM.
    01-10-12 03:06 PM
    His phone is off so i can't reach him and he's out of the country on business. Ack I'm no techie! Thank you for your words of encouragement. Im a bit heartsick at the mo.
    01-10-12 03:30 PM
    Technically, if he deleted you you wouldn't get a D or R. You would get prompted to re-add him after it told you he wasn't a contact.

Just to answer your question :-)
    01-10-12 05:12 PM
    Men's Health says the question defining Boyfriend or Ex-Boyfriend are answered on phone and not by messaging - text or BBM.

I had a fight with my boyfriend a week ago. He's had his bb off since then. I know if i send bbms they dont show a "d" cause it's off but when i send a pin to him it comes back marked X - now I know that typically if someone deletes you from bbm they either disappear off your contact list OR you get a message saying you must re-invite them. I have had an experience recently where someone deleted me off bbm and i got neither. This person was a former business contact so no big deal but when i went to send a follow up message to them after Christmas...i got a check mark and no d or r so i called and found out they deleted all their biz contacts off bbm. I was surprised because i thought that you were notified if the person wasn't a contact anymore.

I have a bold 9700. So now i can't tell whether my boyfriend deleted me off bbm or he just hasnt turned his phone back on. Either way, my pin messages which i tested are coming back as X. Can someone please help me with this. How do i know?
    01-10-12 08:04 PM
    His phone is off so i can't reach him and he's out of the country on business. Ack I'm no techie! Thank you for your words of encouragement. Im a bit heartsick at the mo.
    You just answered your own question.

His phone is off. So you won't see any D or R.
    You'll just get a check mark. And your ping's won't arrive.

cheers
    01-11-12 05:13 AM
    I just wonder if i leave a message in bbm and his fone is off...will it stay in there and appear when he finally does turn it on? I wish I had more TECH ability. I appreciate all of your answers...I really do.
    01-11-12 08:29 AM
    I just wonder if i leave a message in bbm and his fone is off...will it stay in there and appear when he finally does turn it on? I wish I had more TECH ability. I appreciate all of your answers...I really do.
    To the best of my ability to tell the answer is yes. Happens sometimes in my family when one of us is out of range. The messages arrive later.
    01-11-12 11:34 AM
    When I went to Italy, I considered leaving my berry at home (egads!! What was I thinking??!!??). I called ATT to inquire about international data plans and how to keep my data usage low. It was suggested to me that I turn on the data, receive msgs and then turn it off. Seems reasonable.

So then I asked if I leave my phone home and turned off during that time, will I get them when I get home? I was told the will only sit on the server for about a week, depending on the volume of traffic. After that point, they will be deleted and unretrieveable.
    01-12-12 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD