I recently met someone online, and have been talking to them over BBM. However, lately I'm becoming suspicious that they are not who they say they are. I just want to know if there is a way to trace their BBM pin to a name or anything.
    02-06-11 11:06 AM
    No.

Best bet if you have doubts about their identity is to stop communicating with them.
    02-06-11 11:57 AM
    I recently met someone online, and have been talking to them over BBM. However, lately I'm becoming suspicious that they are not who they say they are. I just want to know if there is a way to trace their BBM pin to a name or anything.
    Noooo...he/she appears to be not who they say they are? REALLY?
    knee **** reaction is to stop the communication..
    but if you insist, then ask to meet them in person.. in a public place of course.
    if their action is bordering on criminal/ fraudulent then it's time to have the cops involved.
    have you ever considered this.. that they know you're real identity.. and you know nothing TRUE about them? Scary right?
    02-06-11 12:03 PM
    And aren't you still under 18? If you have ANY doubts, you should stop NOW.
    02-06-11 12:31 PM
    Julian, dude, I have a son. I'd be mortified if I found out my son put so much personal information out on the net like that.

Whoever, he/she is, sounds like you need to break off communication right away. You are WAY overexposed and an easy attraction for all kinds of crazies out there.

Your posing with your shirt open on your Twitter page.

I'm an adult with a Twitter account and NO WAY in h-e double hockey sticks would I put my picture let alone that sort of bio for all the world to see.

Downgrade your "persona" and talk with your parents about how to be responsible with yourself on the internet and not strike up random conversations with complete strangers over the net or BBM. Especially since BBM is far more personal and dang near impossible to track.

NYC is the best city in the world, you can't tell me you can't find "cool" friends to "chill with" in REAL LIFE in a city of 8 million plus people.
    Last edited by ajwalker65; 02-07-11 at 01:14 AM. Reason: additional information
    02-07-11 12:50 AM
    aj has hit the nail right on the head, and then some.

I have friends going through troubles atm, with people I know. So, put all the evils together of people in your local area, but magnify it by a great mount (say, 500x) and that's how bad the internet is. If you're under 18, BREAK ALL CONTACT NOW. When you delete the contact, tell it to "Ignore future invitations" as well.

Explain to your mum someone has tried to lure you into a trap, and ask for advice. If your mum is a decent mum, she'll comfort you, then sit you down and help you with ways to be safe on-line. Also, even if you're over 18 you should carefully distribute your personal information, but as an under 18, DO NOT GIVE YOUR HOME ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS, BBPINS, THE TOWN WHERE YOU LIVE, ETC, TO ANYONE UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM FROM A FACE-TO-FACE MEETING. Stay safe on line my friend.
    02-07-11 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD