Whenever I am otp, my messages dont go out or come in. Is there a setting that I need to adjust in order to fix this? every1 else that I know (my bf has att and my bff has vzw), doesnt have this problem. is it fixable?
    05-12-09 09:32 AM
    Yes. Edit the profile(s) you use and select Blackberry Messenger New Message. Scroll down to the bottom and it says "Notify Me During Calls", to which you say yes. :]
    05-12-09 09:37 AM
    I thought you had to have 3G to run voice and data at the same time and I didn't think the 8900 for tmobile had 3G yet or will it work over UMA
    05-12-09 09:39 AM
    I'm not sure exactly. Seeing as my profiles got reset on the last OS beta update, it auto switched this feature off and I didn't realise. I've turned it back on now but none of my bbm addicts are online to test this with.

I figured it's the same situation as when you get notified of an SMS message while in a call. The 8900 for any network doesn't have 3G, no.
    05-12-09 09:42 AM
    I thought you had to have 3G to run voice and data at the same time and I didn't think the 8900 for tmobile had 3G yet or will it work over UMA
    Correct. GSM 3G allows for simultaneous voice and data.

UMA also allows this, I do it all day every day
    05-12-09 09:44 AM
    Correct. GSM 3G allows for simultaneous voice and data.

UMA also allows this, I do it all day every day
    Okay I knew the gsm 3G allows it as I do that everyday too and thanks to you I now know that UMA does too
    05-12-09 09:46 AM
    While on EDGE or even edge (without data) or gprs GPRS I can receive and send texts while on the phone.
    05-12-09 09:49 AM
    text you will have no problem since they are not data, but emails, pin messages and bbm are all data and like uber said unless you have UMA or 3G those won't go through
    05-12-09 09:52 AM
    uberspeed is right on the money here. Just to clarify, it is only going to work this way on the 8900 if you are using both the cellular (mobile network) and WiFi radios on the device simultaneously. You also need successful connections with each radio.
    05-12-09 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the help!

Hey ARISTILE: WiFi radios??? I'm new to BB and all of these fancy features. Please explain.
    05-12-09 11:36 AM
    The radio is hardware within the phone that connects you to a network - WiFi or Cellular.
    05-12-09 12:23 PM
    Whenever I am otp, my messages dont go out or come in. Is there a setting that I need to adjust in order to fix this? every1 else that I know (my bf has att and my bff has vzw), doesnt have this problem. is it fixable?
    i have a 8520 all my friends have the same one although they can recieve blackberry messages while being on the phone and i can't. i have changed my setting already but still not able to recieve or send messages.
    03-09-10 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD