Hey guys,

Recently, I just lost my entire calendar because it decided to "clean house" when it ran low on memory. So I'm trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible so it doesn't do it again...

I see that Blackberry Messenger takes up like 2.6Mb on my phone. I never ever use it (i think!). There are a bunch of modules attached to it and I'm not sure what they do. I use Bolt browser, crunchsms, the camera, facebook, BB email, my calendar, and my address book a bunch and that's about it. Do any of these BBM modules interact with anything I use?
    net_rim_bbgroup_calendar
    net_rim_bbgroup_database
    net_rim_bbgroup_inbox
    net_rim_bbgroup_lists
    net_rim_bbgroup_messaging
    net_rim_bbgroup_photos
    and a bunch of others...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-28-11 02:54 PM
    If you have an older version of BBMessenger, and with an 8330 you probably do, then you can uninstall it using Desktop Manager. That way you don't have to worry about which cods to delete. And you can put it back if you decide you need it. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig is a great resource for freeing up memory on 83xx class devices.
    01-28-11 03:06 PM
    Don't you hate that they only give you like something megabytes of memory, there has to be a way to use your media card to store apps in that memory!
    01-29-11 03:04 PM
    Thanks for the help using the desktop manager! I ran through that appnote and I'm up to 25MB or so of free memory when I do a QuickPull!

Thanks again!
    01-30-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD