Desktop Manager doesn't seem to give the option. Is there a way to delete it as I never use it and it runs in the background?

EDIT: I updated BBM in App World and then was able to delete it.
    Last edited by HowardShap; 11-30-11 at 10:39 AM.
    11-30-11 10:34 AM
    I was just going to say that... (update then remove)
    howards likes this.
    11-30-11 10:56 AM
    Do use DM you simply edit the BlackBerryMessenger.alx file and change the required from true to false. I use this method to get rid of crap like Help, VVM and Verizon PTT.
    11-30-11 11:08 AM
    you can also try this:

Options> Device > Applications Manager

Then find the App you would like to delete, click on it, then hit delete...
    11-30-11 11:23 AM
    you can also try this:

There are times that this doesn't work for all app. BBM is one of them. If it is the pushed one form a device OS change/update... then you have to update via BB App World first. It won't let you just delete it unless you have already updated.
    11-30-11 11:28 AM
    Do use DM you simply edit the BlackBerryMessenger.alx file and change the required from true to false. I use this method to get rid of crap like Help, VVM and Verizon PTT.
    Oh and thanks for this tip... I was't aware of this via DM. I'll have to try this later.
    11-30-11 11:29 AM
    you can also try this:

That only works if it's listed in Application Manager and if Delete is an option. For example, you can't use this method to delete VVM or the Help app on a VZW 9930.

Oh and thanks for this tip... I was't aware of this via DM. I'll have to try this later.
    You're welcome. Feel free to PM if you need help.
    11-30-11 11:49 AM
    Desktop Manager doesn't seem to give the option. Is there a way to delete it as I never use it and it runs in the background?

EDIT: I updated BBM in App World and then was able to delete it.
    Thank you! I've been wanting to delete but didn't know how. Never used it on my 9700, don't plan on using it on the 9900.

Off to update and delete. Sweet.
    06-25-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD