I know that the messages can be traced and monitored if your on BES. But how about BIS?
    03-19-11 12:31 AM
    what "authorities"?

BES admins, i assume, can both monitor and view things that are sent through BES servers. they can control what you use, how you use it etc.

BIS data im sure is more restricted to carrier and RIM employees seeing. i doubt they can see whats being written or used, as i doubt its actively "monitored". but im sure with a court order, they can pull specific conversations and history.
    03-19-11 12:35 AM
    Yes, the "authorities" are watching EVERYTHING you say and do. You are THAT IMPORTANT.

So watch out.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid!!
    03-19-11 07:53 AM
    I wouldn't worry at all about this, so you are safe. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do, that is, download illegal stuff that WILL get you flagged. I never allow people to use my blackberry cause someone did with a friend's and they got kicked from their carrier (the **** called the carrier once they were away from earshot), took quite a while before they could get services back and to assure the carrier that it was a cruel prank.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 08:13 AM
    I'm sure if they were investigating something very serious they could request data from the a guys are RIM and you could get in trouble. Just follow Rootbrian's advice and don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.

You'd have to do something very extreme to get in trouble because of something you said on BBM.
    03-19-11 08:19 AM
    yes, some goverments even monitor all BIS conversations, the only way to bypass this is using BES or BESX for personal use which only YOU will have access to the security keys.
    03-19-11 12:30 PM
    Q: can the authorities trace and monitor bbm/pin messages on BIS?

A: Yes, as a matter of fact we're tracking your interactions with a particular gentleman that we've had our eyes on for quite some time, who's tied to suspected terrorist threats against McDonalds' Big Macs across the world. Latest was the launch of a Whopper aresenal on a downtown Bangkok golden arch. Your every word will be held against you, so be vary wary of what you say and type!
    03-19-11 01:55 PM
    hey careful man Ronald McDonald was recently Kidnapped and held hostage so this may not be just Domestic Interpol could b after you as well
    03-19-11 02:00 PM
    why would you be worried about the "authorities" in the first place?
    03-19-11 03:50 PM
    Oh, it's you. We have been waiting for you to ask this question in these very forums.

I have all your messages and call logs here. We, "the authorities" have been watching and monitoring you very, very carefully.

So now you have your answer, and provided you do not live in India, we can see and know everything you do on your BlackBerry.

Half the poeple now watch half the people who watch half the people. Wait a minute, we don;t have enough peple for that. We have failed.
    03-19-11 04:16 PM
    @ TO very good Thread----
    03-23-11 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD