This may be a stupid question, but I've got a quick question about the calendar and tasks notification icons (or lack there of in my case). What do I have to do to get the notification icons to show if I have an upcoming or missed appointment or task? It seems like no matter how I create an appointment or task I never see the notification icons. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how those icons are suppose to work, but I would hope I would be able to see if I have upcoming or missed appointments or tasks.

If anyone has any suggestions or can clarify how these icons are suppose to work I would appreciate it.

9650/6.0.0333
    12-01-10 05:53 AM
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

I do see the notification icon show up when the reminder pops up with the open/dismiss/snooze/whatever, but no matter how I create a task/appointment or dismiss the pop up, the notification icon never stays. Is this how its working for everyone? I'd have to wonder why they even have the notification icons if they never actually display.
    12-02-10 10:40 AM
    The only thing I get is the pop-uo. No more, no less. I am running 9700/5.0.0.979 on at&t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FrankJones likes this.
    12-02-10 10:52 AM
    Thanks Judson50. I'm kinda surprised there isn't a way to see past due events and tasks from the home screen...
    12-02-10 12:53 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but I've got a quick question about the calendar and tasks notification icons (or lack there of in my case). What do I have to do to get the notification icons to show if I have an upcoming or missed appointment or task? It seems like no matter how I create an appointment or task I never see the notification icons. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how those icons are suppose to work, but I would hope I would be able to see if I have upcoming or missed appointments or tasks.

If anyone has any suggestions or can clarify how these icons are suppose to work I would appreciate it.

9650/6.0.0333

12-02-10 06:03 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. My appointments will show in the task bar but my tasks won't. I even went into the calendar and checked the box next to show tasks in calendar. I thought that would bring it up but no luck.

12-02-10 06:06 PM
    I make everything either a timed calendar appt or an event and it will then show in the calendar on the homescreen
    12-02-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD