Im still not clear on the use of multiple calendars on the Storm, or what my hotmail acct has to do with a calendar, or syncing to Outlook.

For some reason I now have 2 calendars on the Storm (my hotmail acct, and a "device default". All of my older calendar appts are "device default" and show up as red, while any recent enteries are blue "my hotmail acct".

So I now have a mix of red and blue appts on my Storm calendar.
    *options/advanced/default services only shows 1 CICAL calendar (my hotmail acct).

When I sync to outlook, all of my older entries were deleted on the pc (Im doing a 1 way sync from my storm to the pc, just for backup).

And only newer blue entries will sync. These are using my hotmail calendar acct.

1) Is there a way to combine these calendars on the Storm?
    2) Is there a way to sync ALL calendars from the Storm to the pc?
    3) Should I even have 2 calendars listed like this? device default + hotmail?
    4) Is there a way to change my "red" appts to "blue" so that they all sync, and so that all new enteries will use my hotmail calendar acct?

Thanks.
    06-28-09 06:50 PM
    A new calendar is created every time you add a new email address. The extra addresses create extra calendar entries. To delete these:

***Backup phone before making any changes***

- From the main screen, hit the BB button.
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book
    - Find your email address (for the calendar you want to delete). There should be two listings your_name@example.com[CMIME] and your_name@example.com[CICAL]. The CICAL one is the calendar. Simply scroll over this one (the CICAL) and hit the BB button. Click delete. Voila! If you delete all calendars, you will have just one default calendar, or you can just delete all but the one that you consider to be your primary email entry.

Just make sure you don't delete the CMIME ones, as these are the actualy email books.
    06-28-09 06:54 PM
    A new calendar is created every time you add a new email address. The extra addresses create extra calendar entries. To delete these:

- Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book
    - Find your email address (for the calendar you want to delete). There should be two listings your_name@example.com[CMIME] and your_name@example.com[CICAL]. The CICAL one is the calendar. Simply scroll over this one (the CICAL) and hit the BB button. Click delete. Voila! If you delete all calendars, you will have just one default calendar, or you can just delete all but the one that you consider to be your primary email entry.

Just make sure you don't delete the CMIME ones, as these are the actualy email books.
    Thanks, that worked. I thought that when I deleted my CICAL I would lose all calendar entries associated with my hotmail acct. I didnt lose anything, all appts still exist, for default device. I didnt add an email acct to my Storm, so Im not sure where the CICAL entry came from last week. But everything looks good now. Thanks for your help.
    06-29-09 11:15 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. Never could figure out why. At least this fixes it.
    06-29-09 11:22 AM

- Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book

I have deleted my gmail calendar (the CICAL) off my phone. Now how do I get the gmail calendar back on my phone?
    07-30-11 03:22 PM
    I have deleted all of the extra calendars. Now my BB default calendar has multiple appointments. Do I have to delete them manually one-by-one? There 613 entries, which are most likely duplicates of the same appointments.
    07-30-11 03:25 PM
    I have deleted all of the extra calendars. Now my BB default calendar has multiple appointments. Do I have to delete them manually one-by-one? There 613 entries, which are most likely duplicates of the same appointments.
    Use this program and set it to go from the PC to your device. You may need to wipe your device calendar first.

I had a ton of calendar syncing issues and this program solved them all. I do not use gmail though.

BlackBerry Sync Software - Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes -- CompanionLink Software
    08-04-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD